Azure OTJ...when to give away supplies

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Amanda Wenger, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Amanda Wenger

Amanda Wenger Member

So, I have a good problem/question to ask...at what point do you give away your insulin and supplies?

Azure experienced steroid-induced diabetes in December 2020. After help from this wonderful group, she went into remission by the end of January/beginning of February 2021. I have since done 2 curves and several spot checks totally off insulin and all values have been normal. I feel confident that we are in a good place and I know there are plenty of folks who struggle with the cost of Lantus. I'd like to give her insulin to someone who can use it before it expires but I don't want to give it up too soon in case she ends up falling out of remission. I'd love some guidance from others who have been in a similar situation.

Thanks!
    Amanda

2. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

I'm wondering the same thing. My girl has been in remission since November. Since I have a few pens I was thinking of donating them one at a time...separately so I still had some on hand in case we needed it

3. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

I kept a partial pen and one bag of syringes, gave the other stuff away after a few months.