Baco update, doing better!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ruby&Baco, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

So Baco decided to stick around 6.8KG (14.96LBS) and wouldn't move from that number... So now I decided to decrease her calorie intake again since today, hopefully this will do the trick to let her loose some more weight!

I did find myself the inventor of this decade just now :rolleyes: because I decided to attach a dry freezed snack onto a rope.
    And as you all know, Baco lovessssssssssssssssssss food, so she did run and chase the snack for a couple of minutes and after that I decided she could have it!:woot:

Overal she's doing great, she did loose weight (if I look at the overal picture) and she is still in remission! She is now 4.5 months in remission, that makes me happy :D.
    Last time I tested her she gave me a beautiful 72mg/dl {4mmol/l}
    If she's 6 months in remission I will test her every 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks.

IMG_4717.JPG

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea with the food/excercise. So nice that she continues in lovely levels, Ruby.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hurray!!! I'm glad you decided to use the treat on a string exercise method and yes, she should get the treat after chasing it. The weight loss is happening and slowly is best. :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  4. Ruby&Baco

Thanks girls! Yes weight loss will happen, but it takes time! And I do see progress (although it's going really slow) but she is loosing it and that makes me happy :joyful:

Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
  5. Ruby&Baco

Yeaahhhh Baco got on the scale this morning and gave me a 6.76KG (14.87LBS) she finally passed here 6.8KG mark!!! I'm soooo happy!:joyful:

AJHJ likes this.
  6. Kris & Teasel

Fantastic! Persistence pays off doesn't it? Some things take time ... :D

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  7. Ruby&Baco

Haha yes it does take a lot of time, but it is worth it! :smuggrin:
    Hey, you know everything about it right ;)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  8. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Hurray for Baco (and Ruby) Well done!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  9. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

Well done both of you! Great success!
    :cat::cat::cat:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  10. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Ruby, I love your ingenuity and so glad Baco continues to do so well! Soon Baco will be doing backflips for those treats and her weight loss program will turn into your own private Cirque Du Soleil show! :D

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  11. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Great thread Ruby and everyone. Baco did weight loss the way it should be done to last - slowly and deliberately
    congratulations on the weight loss and on the continued remission, Ruby

Ruby&Baco and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  12. Ruby&Baco

Thanks everybody!
    Well Baco dropped some more, and it's more than she should in 1 week...

10/10/2016 6.85kg / 15.07lbs
    10/11/2016 6.84kg / 15.05lbs
    10/12/2016 6.88kg / 15.14lbs
    10/13/2016 6.76kg / 14.87lbs
    10/14/2016 6.79kg / 14.94lbs
    10/15/2016 6.68kg / 14.70lbs

I'm waiting it out to see what she will give me tomorrow, but if she drops some more it would be wise to increase her calorie intake don't you think?
    I mean, i'm pretty happy about it but I don't want her to get sick from it because she's loosing it too quick!
    She ate everything, she does not like the flavor i'm giving her the last 2 days but she eats it eventually... so I can't imagine she is loosing weight because of that? If she didn't finish her bowl I gave her some dried freezes snacks..

13. Kris & Teasel

Hi Ruby,
    It's good that you're being so careful about Baco's weight loss. Yes, you might try to increase her calories a little for a week to see what happens. You know what to do if she gains more than you'd like after that week. I also wonder if, like humans can do, Baco's weight can plateau a bit, then drop a little more than usual. Weight loss isn't always a smooth downward trend. Losing some weight might have affected her body in a way that makes it more willing to let go of more weight. It's a bit like getting through insulin resistance in FD and then suddenly kitty starts responding to insulin better. All these physiological processes are controlled by a really complex set of chemicals and feedback loops. Just some ideas ... :)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  14. Ruby&Baco

Well I was wondering about that plateau as well. I've done a ton of diets and sometimes you get stuck and you can't move away from it. I think that may be also the case with kitties...
    So I will wait what tomorrow brings me (and tonight) and if she looses more I will increase her calorie intake again. But for now I'm not worried that she lost more than 1% because it may also have been a bigggggg litterbox visit ;)

15. Kris & Teasel

Ah, yes! The litterbox. That could be part of today's lower value. At least Miss Baco doesn't have constipation like some poor kitties on FDMB.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  16. Ruby&Baco

Yes at least she hasn't have to deal with that!
    Well i'm happy! Hopefully soon she will reach the 6.5kg mark! That mark is a big one as that means she has lost 1 whole kilo! (In almost 6months but oh well! It's progress! ) :smuggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.