Baco update, is she really loosing weight?! OMG so happy!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ruby&Baco, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi all,

How are you all doing and your beautiful kitties?
    Baco is doing great, still giving me nice numbers, I'm now testing her once every 2 weeks.
    But the reason why i'm updating you all is that Baco is finally loosing the excess weight, thank GOD! :woot:
    She finally passed the 7KG mark!(15,40lbs) and is now under 7KG's (it took her sooooo long)
    The thing that worked for her is the calorie counting. I've calculated 218.50 calories a day for her, that is for a cat that should weigh 5kg (11.00lbs) and it's really working for her. She gets food 4 times a day and she is enjoying it. Not really hungry (althought I don't know, but she is not showing it) sometimes she loses more than 1% of her weight in one week but you know hey, that could be a poop or something haha! And after that day she gains it a little bit. ;)
    Look how cute! Weight her just now and she is on 6.94KG (15,27lbs) I'm soooooo proud off her! Now the next stop is 6.5KG (14.30LBS) Hopefully she will get there in a couple off weeks.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hey Ruby! So glad to hear that Baco is doing so well. Congratulations on the weight loss and good luck for continued success.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  3. Ruby&Baco

Thanks Sharon! She is doing amazing.
    How is Colin doing?

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Colin is doing fine, just hanging out...

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That is a good pic of Baco on the scale. So cute. The 4x per day feeding sounds like a good regimen.

It must be so much fun being OTJ. That is a great weight control program you have her on. That system is so good, that I know a lot of humans that should be use it :kiss:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  6. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

Go Baco

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  7. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Ruby, I laughed almost to tears seeing the pic of Baco on the scale! So cute! What a co-operative little girl you have there! Wonderful to hear she is holding her great BG numbers and even better to hear you are finally seeing some progress with her weight. Good job you two! :bighug:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  8. Ruby&Baco

It is really cute right. It is a really good regime indeed, she gets less food BUT gets food more times a day so she isn't really knowing about the less food thing..
    Well it is fun being OTJ but still everytime I test her my heart goes in my throat, thinking the honeymoon will be over....

Marlena likes this.
  9. Ruby&Baco

hahahaha, it is a really funny picture isn't it!? She is looking at the camera like "human, why? please don't"
    So cute. She is really co-operative, she knows when I make her food ready, I put the scale down on the ground and she will go onto it and after that she (like a dog) jumps off of it when I say, "Good Baco, let's go eat" and she runs to me as soon as I put her bowl off food down! Super cute!.
    How are you doing Linda?

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

That photo is so cute!!!!! She could be the poster cat for Feline Weight Watchers! Congrats on the weight loss; with cats a slow loss is best. Tell her Auntie Bobbie is so proud of her!! :kiss:

JanetNJ and Ruby&Baco like this.
  11. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

Ruby, that picture is great! Baco looks like weighing herself on the scales is the most natural thing ever for her! What an actress!
    I'm so thrilled to see the weight loss - congrats, well done.
    Rocky sends his love to both of you.
    PS. I've been away and then had guests so was super busy but Rocky had been looked after by his daddy who's done a very good job with testing and shots.
    Still needs insulin I think because as soon as we lower the dose or skip the shot he immediately goes higher. Otherwise doing really well, I think he is slowly going into remission mode, just needs more time. At the moment it looks like he is well regulated.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  12. Ruby&Baco

OMG Bobbie, that is so funny!!!! hahahahaha she should do a billboard for cats weight watchers:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
    I will tell her that!

Marlena likes this.
  13. Ruby&Baco

Hahaha thanks Marlena, yes she is quite the actress. She does go on the scale everyday (yes I know it's something that doesn't need to be done) but she doesn't mind. I make her food, then with the food in my hand I grab the scale, tell her 'Baco, go sit on the scale' and than she goes onto it and waits 2 sec and when I get her weight I tell her "let's go eat" and she jumps off and runs to her bowl. So it's not something she doesn't like she just jumps onto the scale whenever I put it down for her. :p

How was your mini vacation Marlena? did you have a good time with your friends?
    I'm glad to hear Rocky is doing good! And I also think he is heading to remission, but it's not his time quite yet, he will get there!

:bighug::kiss:

Marlena likes this.
  14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wow a cat that does what's it's told!!!! Great pic.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  15. Ruby&Baco

haha yes she does listen to me all the time. I've trained her since she was a kitten and that does help. So if she does something naughty and I tell her 'No Baco, don't! she knows and she stops doing it.
    It works the same if she is in the garden and I want to leave the house, I'll tell her 'Baco, come inside' she comes inside.. I know it's a little freaky, when I have friends over they always find it odd that she does what she's asked to do but for me it's not strange because i've been used to it... my other cats also do what they are told! :p
    Maybe I should start a cat training camp:rolleyes:

16. Ruby&Baco

OMG @Woodsywife you've got the same timer feeder! I've got the same one for Baco :D how cute

17. Marlena

Yes Ruby, I had a very good time with my friends and it was lovely to be away from home for a bit and not having to worry about Rocky because daddy was doing a good job and Rocky's numbers are pretty steady.
    How are you, is your job going ok? I hope so.
    Tomorrow I'm going for a chat regarding a job so we shall see how it goes. Please keep your fingers crossed.:D

18. Ruby&Baco

I'm glad to hear your mini vacation was nice! I can imagine that it's nice to be away for a short time and not having to worry about Rocky.. Althought it's your angel, you also sometimes need a break from it all!
    I'm doing good at my new job, just past the first month, I don't know what the term is for that periode off time but in The Netherlands you have one month 'probation' and than if they are happy with you, and you are still liking the job, you will get a new contract for a year. So that I did pass, and i'm happy :p
    Still having some 'burn out' problems from my previous job so i'm going to start tomorrow with kickboxing 2 times a week to relieve the stress a little bit. I'm excited to go training because I hope it works getting all the stress out.

Oh Marlena, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm so happy for you, hopefully everything will work out for you!.
    What time do you have the interview?

:kiss:

19. Marlena

Ruby, sorry it is not an actual interview but an informal chat with the manager to find out details about the job and most importantly what salary can they offer me. I'm in a good position as they actually approached me with a job offer so hopefully I can negotiate the money. It is at 10.30.
    I will write more later.:joyful:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  20. Ruby&Baco

Didn’t know that, well an informal chat is something that is also positive right? Especially when they are talking about salary in the first chat, then you are doing something right hihi. Well how did it go?

21. Marlena

Hi Ruby,
    the chat I had about a new job went well, I was offered the job on the spot but I'm not sure that I will take it. It depends on the salary and I'm waiting for them to come back with a better offer.
    It looks like I will not even have to go for a proper interview which is good because it can be stressful.
    In the meantime I'm looking for something else.
    Sorry to hear that you still feel effects of stress from your previous job. Kickboxing sound like a very good idea, enjoy it!
    Take care, love to Baco from Rocky and me.
    PS. I think we can talk more about life struggles so when you feel like talking send me a private message.:)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  22. Ruby&Baco

Yes we can chat tonight in a private thread! I'm happy the chat went good Marlena!
    We will talk tonight!

23. Marlena

Ruby, I apologise that I haven't seen your message, I was very tired last night, watched some TV and went to bed early.:(

24. Ruby&Baco

Look at Baco being all cute and stuff in her new box (that was brought by the mailmen containing her raw food.
    Still don't get the reason why they love boxes sooooooooooo much but she is so cute in it... She even LOOKS skinny in it :p:p:p:p:p

Attached Files:

Marlena likes this.
  25. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Baco loves her new "present"

And isn't she looking fine....getting to be quite the slim little diva! ;)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  26. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

All I can say is AHHHHHHHHH! Cute overload! Baco looks so nice and trim. So proud of you both!

I had to go out and literally "buy" a box for my crew because I had unpacked an ottoman and left the box in the basement hall temporarily or so I thought. All three adopted it as a favorite scratch "box" immediately. So while the plan had been to break down the box and ditch it, it ended up in my hallway until it was tattered and torn. So off to the store I went to find something to replace it and now have a packing box sitting in the same spot. So much for any shot at "better homes and gardens"!:p:woot:

Sharon14 and Ruby&Baco like this.
  27. Marlena

Little monkey!
    She is so cute.
    I really don't know why they like boxes so much.
    I often bring Rocky a box to play with but he ends up shredding it and making a lot of mess!
    And here is a picture of Rocky in a box.

Attached Files:

Sharon14, Ruby&Baco and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  28. Ruby&Baco

She is right? although the scale isn’t really showing big progress but you can see it in her little face already right?

hahaha omg, you have to buy it? In the Netherland we have in the supermarkets empty boxes (for free) to carry all your grocery's in it.. just like you have the brown bags in America, we have the carton boxes. So every time (and yes I mean every time) I forget my grocery bag, I will grab one of those carton boxes and if I unpack it at home within 2 seconds Baco is in it… I can’t even throw it away without her being all upset.. Just like this one, I emptied it out with her frozen food and she was in it in 1 sec. I can’t put it away, sometimes I do when I want to sleep but she doesn’t let me.. and the worst part is that she scratches in it when I’m trying to sleep….. so it makes a lot of noise!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Marlena likes this.
  29. Ruby&Baco

Omg @Marlena I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that picture of Rocky!!!!!!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: That's cuteness overload!

Marlena likes this.
  30. Marlena

:D

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  31. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Baco and Rocky are both looking very relaxed in their "special" gift boxes. I think we are all jealous of Baco's great progress.

In the US there is now some strategies to reduce plastic bags. In Austin TX, the big Costco store provides cardboard boxes for grocery packing. And the new Austin law is no free plastic bags, forcing us to bring our own. The law works, and people now reuse bags and boxes. We also get cats in the box at our house. The boxes are like magnets.

Ruby&Baco and Marlena like this.
  32. Marlena

In the UK (and in rest of Europe I think) we're charged for plastic bags and it works! There is a great reduction in plastic.
    But talking of boxes for cats again - whenever I bring Rocky a box he likes it and than starts chewing the corners and making a lot of mess for me to clean up.
    Do your cats behave like that as well?

33. Marlena

And one more thing - Rocky's been on a very small dose of insulin for few days and this morning his BG was 5.6 on AlphaTrak which more less corresponds to 4.2 on human meter (looking at my data of comparison of 2 meters).
    I decided not too shoot and see if I can try OTJ trial.
    What do you think?:joyful:

34. Ruby&Baco

Jeff, that's the same here! the law says since this year that there should not be plastic bags for free anymore and it does work because everyone brings there own bags or buys one in the store (not plastic). I think it is a great thing!

Yes, Baco does that all the time, maybe they are hungry because of our stricked food plan for them Marlena ;) so they eat the boxes hahaha!

You know how I feel about that.. GO FOR IT! DAY ONE OTJ FOR ROCKY!!!!!!:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Marlena likes this.
  35. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Theresa's Dad lives in another part of Texas, where they don't have the plastic bag law. He collects the plastic grocery bags and gives them to us in 30-gallon bags. We now have over 1,000 small bags - maybe a world record. They work great for kitty litter disposal.

Marlena likes this.
  36. Marlena

Poor hungry kitties!!!
    Ruby,
    we are certainly going for it!!!:):):)

37. Marlena

Ruby, but there is one little secret and that's what probably helps Rocky having better glucose numbers.
    I'll spill it out for you soon, just need few more days to see how it makes a difference.
    I'm planning to create a new thread, I think it is a very interesting idea.
    Sorry about the secrecy, just be patient for few days, will you?
    Hope you're well and happy and Baco is good.
    Love to you
    Marlena & Rocky:p:D:bighug:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  38. Ruby&Baco

Omg, you're making me so curious Marlena, I can't hold my breath for that long! hahaha but I must..... :rolleyes:
    Love his numbers right now!

Marlena likes this.
  39. Marlena

Ruby, I'm sorry, I almost did not say anything because it is not fair but I will let you know tomorrow.
    Good night!:)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  40. Ruby&Baco

Good night to you too Marlena! Hope you sleep well :kiss::bighug:

41. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Holy smokes, I want to know the secret too!
    Yes, our cats go to any open box in the house. They must think the boxes are made of food :) Or a secret!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  42. Marlena

Good morning dear friends,
    it is good morning for us because Rocky gave me a beautiful BG of 4.7 on the 3rd day without insulin!
    Now, it can be just one off or his pancreas had a wakeup call or something like that or something completely different. I will never know but I'm going to reveal my secret to you now:

K E T O G E N I C D I E T
    From 10th August Rocky and I started a new diet which when you hear about it makes your hair stand up! Why? Because we were being told by health authorities that high carb low fat diet is healthy and saturated fat gives us all cancer and all possible diseases including heart problems and this mantra has been imposed upon us for 60 years that it is so difficult to turn things around and start eating mainly saturated fat and red meat! I'm the biggest carbohydrate addict you can imagine but now I've ditched it and eat 75% of my calories of FAT! Glorious fat! And I feed Rocky like that as well.
    It wasn't easy but once I did my research and digested all information I decided to go for it.
    Before you say anything please do your research or if you can't for some reason I'll be happy to give you all the links.
    Within 3 days on this diet I lost 1 kg of weight and my BG (yes, I do check my BG regularly) dropped fro my usual 5.7 to 4.7 in one day!.
    I think this diet is particularly suitable for 2 type diabetes and has been in use for many years to treat epilepsy. It might be very suitable for cats like Rocky because cats benefit from high fat diet without carbs even more. So I'm basically experimenting on my cat!
    So secret revealed and I hope you will spend some time learning about it and making sense of it.
    Ps. If it really is beneficial for our cats and dogs (yes, the dog has been on it for a long time but with reduced fat - I need to do more digging about that) I have to bring to your attention to the fact that for them it is RAW ketogenic diet!
    Awaiting your thoughts with anticipation!

JeffJ and Sharon14 like this.
  43. Marlena

44. Marlena

Annoying computer - ketogenic diet was supposed to be highlighted in a different way!
    I don't know how to do it the way I want, never mind.

45. Marlena

And this is a picture of my keto babies:

Attached Files:

Sharon14 likes this.
  46. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Wow, they look so relaxed and having fun. I hope Rocky goes OTJ too!

Marlena likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.