Baco Update

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ruby&Baco, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!
    Just tested Baco's pm +3 and she gave me a beautiful 67 :D
    I said out loud "Baco, are we going to test you?" She looked at me jumped up as soon as I picked up her test kit, then she came right for my lap and sit on it when I got her kit ready. Just like 'old times' haha super cute! :p Like she wanted me to show me that her numbers are great!

How are you all doing?

:bighug::kiss:

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Glad Baco's doing so well! :cat: Are you enjoying all your freedom now that you don't have to worry about test/shot times?

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  3. Ruby&Baco

Yes I am:smuggrin:. Went to a themepark today with my bf! It was very busy but we had fun! Now we are on the couch watching a movie, all tired from today! How are you doing?

4. Sharon14

Doing good. I'm going out to feed my horses now, it's too hot to ride though!

Shoeskitty-GA and Ruby&Baco like this.
  5. Ruby&Baco

Didn't know you had horses? How nice.! :joyful:

6. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

It's about 21 degrees centigrade here in Chicago Dreaming of day I can go out on town without worrying about Murphy

Bobbie And Bubba and Ruby&Baco like this.
  7. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

How marvellous dear Ruby!
    Baco is such a good girl, she tries everything to keep her mummy happy!
    It must feel so good not to worry about injections, hypos etc.
    Rocky is doing great but still needs insulin but I'm having fun trying to do micro dosing which is basically a few drops of insulin. Such fun!
    So very happy for and hopeful that you will be invited to OTJ party in the nearest future.
    Marlena & Rocky

Sarah Smith and Ruby&Baco like this.
  8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Baco is still doing well! You're in your break between work now too, right? It must be nice to have that time off and not have to worry about all the testing!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  9. Ruby&Baco

Hi Carol, I'm sorry to hear that, I know it's hard (been there) but you know, if it helps you, even though Baco is OTJ I still can't go out without worrying about Baco... I still want to be home asap and feed her on time and I don't like spending time to long away from home. I think I will always have that feeling untill the day she will be gone.. Because of this sugar dance i've been through with her, I've created (and I'm sure everyone else feels the same) a really strong bond, that is even stronger than before. So yes I don't need to test her and I don't give her shots anymore like I used to, but i'm still worried that one day this will all be over.....

10. Ruby&Baco

Hi Marlena, I've read that Rocky needed insulin again :( well I'm confident that he will go OTJ (anti-jinx) but he just needs a little bit longer help from you and the insulin to go into a beautiful remission and great numbers along with it!
    You will get him there, I believe it, so must you! :bighug::kiss:
    I will watch my mailbox for that invitation ;)

Marlena likes this.
  11. Ruby&Baco

Hi Rachel, yes I’m between jobs, I start this Friday with my new job, so I’m really excited! Hope I will be for once at a job that I really love going to and have nice people working there...
    So my holiday is almost over, these 3 weeks have past by really fast! hihi:p going to miss all this free time!
    It is really nice to sleep in longer, and I don't have to think about it to much, but like I just replied to Carol, I do still worry when I’m gone.. It's something I can't let go off I guess.
    But the sleeping in part is the best! Although Baco and Minnie are used to being fed at moments, so if I sleep in and wake up, they are looking at me like 'wtf are you doing you human? feed us!!! now!!!!!!' haha
    I can't wake up slowly, I have to give them food as soon as I wake up, can't even go to the bathroom first because they don't allow me to!

Marlena likes this.
  12. Ruby&Baco

btw, I think we need a new party today, because Baco is officially OTJ for 30 days (one month) today:cat::cat:

Marlena and Sharon14 like this.
  13. Sharon14

Party Time!!! Colin's ready:cat:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  14. Ruby&Baco

I get the impression Colin is always down for a party... is he (maybe) an alcoholic? hahahahahhahahahaha:p:p

Sharon14 likes this.
  15. Sharon14

He's a party animal!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  16. Ruby&Baco

He sure is, after that photo you posted after Baco's OTJ party... ohhh men, he was wasted;)

17. Sharon14

Here he is with a tropical drink
    image.jpg

Marlena and Ruby&Baco like this.
  18. Ruby&Baco

It looks like a mojito Colin is drinking... real tropical ;)

Sharon14 likes this.
  19. Ruby&Baco

Btw he is really beautiful, he reminds me of my cat Tiger (who passed away at the age of 19, when I was 16) so that was almost 12 years ago.
    He was as beautiful red/orange as Colin.
    Still miss Tiger! And I miss Sam (brother of Minnie)

Sharon14 likes this.
  20. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Happy one month anniversary Baco and Ruby! :D Delighted things are going so well! Good luck with your new job Ruby! May it be your dream job! :bighug:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  21. Ruby&Baco

This is Sam, he died because of a sickness called FIP. I don’t know if it’s called the same in English but it’s a contagious peritonitis. It’s fatal and incurable. He was sick when I got home on a Sunday night, and he couldn’t walk anymore (out of the blue) and next Thursday I had to put him to sleep. He didn’t eat anymore, couldn’t walk, and the vet (who I went to everyday, Monday until Thursday) couldn’t do anything for him. It was the same sweet lady vet who has treated Baco.
    Sam only got to the age of 8, so sad still miss him everyday.
    He died 4 years ago.

Attached Files:

• 043.JPG
      043.JPG
      File size:
      60 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  22. Sharon14

Sam was quite the handsome guy! Sorry you lost him so young.:bighug:

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  23. Ruby&Baco

He was really handsome right? And quite the charmer :rolleyes: haha

24. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sam was indeed a very handsome fellow! FIP is a terrible disease (same in English!) because there is no way to know they have it until it's too late and no way to treat it. Sam had a very good albeit short life with you for his Mama Bean! :bighug::bighug: Ruby!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  25. Ruby&Baco

Thanks so much @MrWorfMen's Mom for you kind words!
    It's a terrible disease indeed, the vet can 'guess' that he has it but is not for sure until he dies. They can then (if you want) cut his stomach open and see if it was indeed FIP and what type it was, the dry form or the wet form of FIP. I didn’t want them to cut him open, I don’t like that for them to do so I insisted they wouldn’t do that.
    ‘They’ say that FIP is in every cat but it doesn’t show most of the times because nothing triggers it. With Sam the reason he got it was stress from a move we had to make to another house (the current one I’m in) and stress can trigger this disease. Well you know, I was really sad but the most awful thought was that it was a contagious disease and I cleaned my house on my knees, with my BF (crying in the meantime, the whole time because I just put Sam a sleep) because the vet and I were scared that Baco or Minnie could get FIP from Sam although he was already put a sleep that afternoon. So I threw everything out of the house, all the cat stuff, and bought new litterboxes and new cat toys and stuff like that just to make sure they didn’t get it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  26. MrWorfMen's Mom

Ruby, that must have been a terrifying for you but thankfully you did a great job keeping Baco and Minnie safe! I had a scare with my middle fur child with some bad bloodwork a couple of years ago before getting dental work done. The vet initially suggested he might have FIP! Thankfully, it wasn't and getting the dental work done fixed all his lab results. Thank goodness because he is my funny little clown who keeps me laughing each and every day and encourages Menace to indulge in some racing around the house to help her waistline! :woot:

27. Ruby&Baco

Yeah it was terrifying but I'm happy Minnie and Baco were kept safe by what i've done.
    Omg, that should have been a scare, saying those kind of things to a cat owner by the vet... men I would have been furious if they would suggest that and it wasn't FIP...
    Luckely he didn't have FIP, i'm so happy for you! how many cats do you have btw? 4?
    Awww how great of your little clown to help Menace help getting her workout done each day ! ;)

28. MrWorfMen's Mom

I have 3 little fur balls. Worf, my clown and Menace, my sugar are both 5yrs. old (there is 2 months difference in age) and then I have a geriatric guy 18 yrs. old. He's slowing down quickly now but still jumps up on the bed which is quite high so all in all, he's doing pretty well physically. Unfortunately, he seems to have some senility and often sits staring into space like he can't remember where he was off to and sometimes he sits and vocalizing at a wall. He's also become very fussy about his food so I have been doing a lot of home cooking for him....probably more than I do for me HAHAHA! But he is such a cuddle bun I don't mind!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  29. Ruby&Baco

Aww you are so sweet for him to make his food!
    18 years old, wow! You are doing something good for him to be that old!

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  30. Ruby&Baco

Baco has got a new scratch pole from me! And she is trying her best to fit into those tiny holes! hahaha.. She fits right in it, but she hasn't got an inch to spare! So she must not gain weight hahhahaha:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Sharon14 likes this.
  31. MrWorfMen's Mom

LOL! Love Baco's butt hanging out the entryway! So cute! Looks like she likes her new digs! Where did you find that wonderful scratch post/house? I need a new one for my sweety as the sisal rope is coming off hers and I want something a little higher for her. I've been looking all over for something like yours without any luck.:)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  32. Ruby&Baco

Funny right ;) she is loving it yes indeed! This one is 0.75cm high and 0.36cm wide. You've got an even bigger one, but in my small house this one is better.
    I've bought it at www.zooplus.nl ,it's a webshop who only delivers in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and France. (I think) couldn't find it in Canada online. If you want I can ship it to you? This medium size was €45,99 but the bigger ones are L €55,99 and XL €75,99. And then you got a deluxe one, but I find that bs.
    Let me know if you want it, we can arrange that!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  33. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh Ruby, that is so kind of you to offer but by the time I pay for shipping, duty, taxes on top of the cost of the post, I may as well just buy them their own house! Ok not quite :rolleyes: but it would definitely be the most expensive scratch post in the neighbourhood! My crafty wheels are turning right now and while I will do some more surfing for something similar available here, I may just see what I can put together myself with a little help from a friend to cut some wood for me. :D The design is absolutely brilliant and like you, my house is small so I don't want anything huge!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  34. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Ruby! Hope you are enjoying the falls! It is so nice that you still pop in and post and help out. I am so happy that Baco continues to do so well. The pics you posted of Sam are adorable and so sorry you lost Sam that way.

Glad you have lots of free time now . When do you start your new job?

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  35. Marlena

Girls,
    you're such wonderful mums to your kitties!
    Ruby, your story about Sam opened my eyes to a disease like FIP - I did not know much about it. Very scary. I can just imagine how traumatic it was for you, specially that you had other kitties in the same house! Very sorry to hear you lost beautiful Sam.
    I used to have a fantastic black & white cat Chess when we lived in London. He just disappeared one day at the age of 10, he was so healthy and intelligent. I suspect he was run over by a car as we had busy roads around.
    I will pop his picture later on.
    I really like your new scratch post (shall I say scratch house!) for Baco! It is so funny to see her squeeze her tummy to get through these holes!
    Enjoy the wonderful time with your kitties, no worry about insulin!
    I got upset yesterday as Rocky's numbers were going higher and I could clearly see the change in his behaviour (from being quiet to meowing for more food after feeding day and night) so I gave him a slightly increased dose and his numbers are improving so it looks like he still needs insulin but now instead of counting units I count drops! How cool is that?!
    Ruby, have you started your new job yet?
    I haven't started looking as yet but I do a few hours here and there when needed.
    So far we have a horrible summer so I'm hoping that the weather will improve soon.
    Hugs and kisses to all of you.
    Marlena :D

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  36. Ruby&Baco

Hi all! I will post more later tonight (most of you are then in the morning ;)) but I have to hurry because today i'm starting my new job! I have to be there in 25 minutes! Wish me luck! :bighug::kiss:

37. Marlena

Good luck Ruby!!!:):):)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  38. Sharon14

Good luck with the new job!!!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  39. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Good luck, Ruby! Please pop by tonight and let us know how the first day goes!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  40. Ruby&Baco

Thank you all so much!:bighug:
    I had a wonderful day at my first day of work. The people were really nice, I felt really welcome.
    Today I received so much information that I can't suck it up all you know what I mean?
    Monday I have a training in one of the other buildings, 1,5 hour drive from my home, but they arranged that I can drive the company car to that locations.
    This company (Ricoh) does everything really organised. I received a laptop that I can take home and even use private (what I'm doing right now) so it's really good everything.
    I'm happy with the choice I made, I went with my gut and it told me that this would be a place where I would like to work, and my first impression was what I thought it would be. I'm so happy! I'm very tired though because of the long day, after 3 weeks of holiday.:woot:

41. Ruby&Baco

Baco wanted to post something:
    "Miauw miauw miauw,, MIAUWWW miauw"

Hahaha cute;)

Attached Files:

MrWorfMen's Mom and Sharon14 like this.
  42. Sharon14

Meow, meow back at ya Baco!
    Glad you had a good first day Ruby, and that you like the new job.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  43. Ruby&Baco

cute pic right?! :p
    thanks Sharon!

Sharon14 likes this.
  44. MrWorfMen's Mom

So glad your first day at the new job was as you dreamed it would be. Sounds like they look after their employees! Best wishes for a long, happy and successful career at your new job! Love the shot of Baco sending us messages! She types very well! mini-graphics-cats-958050.gif for Baco!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  45. AbyResq

AbyResq Member

Glad you like the new job, Ruby!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  46. Ruby&Baco

Thank you all so much!

47. Marlena

Great news about your new job!
    Baco is such an artist!.
    Have a great weekend and start your week on Monday with enjoyment.
    Love from
    Marlena & Rox

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  48. Ruby&Baco

Thanks Marlena!! You haven't posted a new thread right? I was looking for an update.... I watch your ss though!

Marlena likes this.
  49. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad you had a good experience with your new job, Ruby. Here's to lots more great working days!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  50. Marlena

Thanks Ruby for keeping a watchful eye on us.
    Posted a new thread in Prozinc forum.:)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.