GA Badger has joined my others at the RB

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Larry and Kitties, Apr 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I said goodbye to Badger this morning. About two weeks before last Thursday Badgers insulin needs decreased, like for 0.6 unis to 0.2 units and I could keep BGs below 120. Then a few days before last Thursday BGs increased and I could not get good BG control. The morning of last Thursday he went to his feeding room but did not jump up on the counter. When I placed him on the counter he was not interested in food and I syringe fed him. He also wanted to be by himself. That evening he did not leave his cat bed at feeding time. I syringe fed him. I then went to the vet blood was drawn and x rays taken. The x rays showed possible lung problems. The next morning no interest in food and he stayed in his bed. Blood work results showed non regenerative anemia with a HCT of 23% . Comparison of x rays taken in October after his left eye was enucleated due to glaucoma showed little change. Biopsy showed the glaucoma was caused by iris melanoma. Conclusion was that the iris melanoma metastasized to somewhere in his body causing the non regenerative anemia.

I adopted Badger July 20, 2014 at an estimated age of 7 as a diabetic being treated. He was a great guy. He used to sleep on my head with sometime his snout in my ear. Lat his wouod stretch out across my chest. I think he had a great live before las Thursday. He is a photo take last Thursday, he does not look happy.
    IMG_1455.jpg

Deb & Wink and Yvonne & Simon like this.
  2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. :bighug: Fly free, sweet one. cat_wings>o

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so, so very sorry, Larry. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Larry. Badger was a lucky boy to have found you. Fly free lovely boy. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

5. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Larry, I'm sorry to hear it was time to say goodbye to Badger. I'm very fond of the tabbies myself, and know how much love they give. It is likely no comfort, but I also think Badger was very lucky to have found you. He did have a wonderful life because of you :bighug:. I will light a candle for sweet Badger tonight.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm so sorry to read this news about Badger. He was a handsome boy (even in the photo where he doesn't feel well). That's so sad. It sounds like you took great care of him. How cute that he slept on your head and your chest! You will miss him.

7. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this news, Larry :bighug: So glad you and Badger found each other - I'm sure your GAs are taking wonderful care of him. Fly high, sweet Badger cat_wings>o

8. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

I’m sorry Larry. You’ve done so much for so many, but it never becomes easy to say goodbye. My thoughts are with you.

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss, ((Larry))
    Fly Free sweet Badger cat_wings>o

10. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that it was Badger's time to fly. I hope all the memories you have of him bring you comfort. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Larry, sorry Badger. It's not a big secret what you do Larry and I only wish I had a heart as big as yours. Badger was loved and cared about, that's what matters the most. :bighug:

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss Larry, my heart goes out to you.
    Fly high sweet Badger ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

13. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I'm so very very sorry for your loss Larry, you gave Badger a lot many happy and loved years, that is the most important thing, we are sending you lots of :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.