Best budget friendly place to purchase Vetsulin

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Deena and Malby, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deena and Malby

Deena and Malby Member

Hello,
    My Bengal, Malachai was just diagnosed as a diabetic. The vent sent me home with some pre-loaded syringes. I was told by my bet I could purchase Vetsulin and U-40 syringes at Costco but Costco's pharmacy says they don't sell either. I also read that Walmart sells these but I called and they also said they don't. I've seen a few places online (Valley Vet Supply, etc), does anyone know where to purchase Versulin and syringes without buying it online OR if I do need to purchase it online, who sells it for the best price? I noticed most places charge $20+ shipping alone as it needs to be kept cold. any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hi Deena...I buy my vetsulin at my vet"s and all other supplies at ADW.com....go to retailmenot.com for good coupons for ADW...hope this helps..

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. Deena and Malby

Deena and Malby Member

Thank you so very much for this help! I'll check it out now!
    -Deena

4. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

Where are you located? State?

5. Deena and Malby

Deena and Malby Member

I'm in California. I did find it at a local pharmacy for $46 which I thought wasn't too bad.

6. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

That's a great price! Good luck to you and your kitty!

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

That's about what I pay at my vet. ($48 for me). I think that's about the going rate. You could call other vet offices to price check. I'm surprised your vet doesn't carry it.

8. Heather H

Heather H New Member

My cat, Frannie, was just diagnosed on 1/9 and started her on it the next day. I paid $58.72 for the Vetsulin and $22.41 for the box of 100 U-40 syringes. I'm still looking around in trying to price compare, but looking here, I might be paying a bit higher on it where I'm at in Illinois compared to others. To top off she's also on two other medications for asthma (one is a compounded mix that they don't do in house and have to send off for it ... which that one is more expensive than the insulin). Frannie only has to take 2 units once a day in the am.

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Ollie's Mama and Heather H like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.