BG 131 AMPS first time dealing with this

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by NicoleC46237, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

I just did his AMPS and got a 141 so I immediately did a retest on his other ear since that is very odd for him and got a 131. This is our first time getting below a 200 for a pre-shot number. I'm going to go read up but if anyone is on and wants to walk me through this I'd appreciate it :)

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

FYI - it is 30 minutes early since I was trying inch to the new time. He's not happy about no feeding and waiting to re-test in 30-60 minutes LOL

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Given where your PMPS from last night was, it's possible numbers were dropping throughout the PM cycle. There's no way to know if the AMPS is a number on the rise or if numbers are still dropping. So, good job on recognizing you should stall.

You want to wait 15 - 20 min to see if numbers are rising by more than meter variance (i.e., 20%). Since you tested 30 min. early, test at your usual AMPS and see what the numbers look like.

FYI - can you take the 911 off of. your subject line. A 911 is reserved for a medical emergency.

4. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

Got the 911 off :) Sorry about that.

I retested at normal time and it is at 174 so it is on the rise. Should I give it another 30 to see if it goes higher or go ahead and feed and shoot? I'll be here all day to monitor if he goes too low. I was thinking of doing a curve again today.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If you are comfortable shooting, I'd shoot. Just make sure you have supplies (strips and HC food) just in case Lou decides those lower numbers are a good place to be.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  6. NicoleC46237

NicoleC46237 Member

I have my safety kit ready :) I'm ready to shoot. Thanks so much!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.