BG numbers in remission

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by drjsiems, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Jake has been in remission for almost two years now. His numbers have usually been between 65 and 85 and now seems to have settled right around 100 to 105 (except for a scare the other day when I saw 165 which after thinking it through, realized I tested him right after eating instead of a couple hours later - duh! How do your kitties' numbers go? Do they also fluctutate like this over time? Are there patterns?

Thanks,
    Judy & Jake

2. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

Haven't really figured it out yet. Food definitely makes Jez's numbers rise - but she is still doing good. Under 100....the 80's seem to be her preferred range.
    Debie & Jezebel

3. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

Sophia was 75 this morning. She has been off insulin since oct 2005.... but she will have her big blood test coming up this week at the vet's and she is really nervous there and fights them... so it will be up// last time it was 198 even though at home it was 85... I hope for the best..

4. SabrinaFaire

SabrinaFaire Member

Hobbs has been OTJ for only a few weeks but he's usually in the upper 60s when I test him.

5. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

It was really a fluke that day when I tested Jake. I think that I had tested him right after he ate, which I know better! Anyway, I let it go for that day. The next day I fed him and took his food away for about two hours and then tested him. He was back down to 72. The only other thing I can think of is that he may have been in pain from his arthritis. He just started Adequan recently, but it had not had time to work its wonders so pain also may have been a reason for the one-day higher number. It was not high enough to even think about restarting insulin, but nevertheless shocked the you-know-what out of me!

Judy & Jake - still in remission! Two-year mark for last insulin injection coming up 04/29/2012 - this anniversary is just two days before his 20th BD on May 1st, 2012 - all paws crossed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.