BG PS is lowering - lower dose?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by ponteaggere, Jul 26, 2022.

1. ponteaggere

ponteaggere New Member

Bowies PS values are decreasing and I lowered his dose the 16/7 by 0,5U.
    Today, his PS was pretty low, and I lowered the dose with 0.25U. He got a gourmet gold 20 minutes before the injection, but his values got lower after the gourmet.
    His values are in his ss. Am I doing this right?

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I’m looking at your spreadsheet. I see the green number 94 at +3. Did you give a snack? If not, I would give a snack and keep testing at +4

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Also, I don’t see anything in your spreadsheet for last night, July 25. There’s no preshot test recorded or anything in the units given, etc.

4. ponteaggere

ponteaggere New Member

Yes, I gave him his kibbles on the couch. He's just snoozing and is too lazy to go to the bowl. Appetite is normal

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. ponteaggere

ponteaggere New Member

I gave him 2U as usual, no pw but reading 2,5h before shot

6. Suzanne & Darcy

He eats dry kibble? What kind?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I see his food, both wer and kibble, are high in carbs (I see you mentioned 19 percent in your previous post.)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  7. Suzanne & Darcy

It’s potentially dangerous to shoot with no preshot test because you have no idea if he has a low preshot number and if it is safe to give the full dose. And then you gave 2 units and no more tests before bed? To see if the dose is taking him too low?

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Will you please pit 2 in the units column for last night then?

You have been getting some really beautiful numbers on Bowie. He seems to be making excellent progress. :)

ponteaggere likes this.
  9. Suzanne & Darcy

I have one more question. What kind of meter are you using? Your first thread mentioned a pet meter, but then on your spreadsheet I saw mention of a human meter. It’s important for anyone looking at your spreadsheet to be aware of which kind of meter you are using.

10. ponteaggere

ponteaggere New Member

In the ss, I'm using g pet plus, but in remarks I mention values PS on human meters, in parenteses. This is information for me to use as a reference interval in the future.
    G pet plus is stated as the meter in the header of the ss.

11. ponteaggere

ponteaggere New Member

It is in.
    I live in Sweden. The values for tonight is not put in as he has not gotten that shot yet. Right now, it's 12:52 PM

12. ponteaggere

ponteaggere New Member

Yeah, he really loves his kibble. Have tried to go BARF and total wet food since I got him, but he refuses. Right now I'm reducing his kibble and upping the wet food, and it's going really great.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Right. I was just thinking of July 25. Since there were numbers in for today, July 26.

14. Suzanne & Darcy

That’s great. It takes time.

15. ponteaggere

ponteaggere New Member

The data is there, but I have two rows after that. It messes with my head too :D But I don't know how to add second PS value in the same cell withouth it botching the data in the cell, so I just added a blank row for +30 min retest PS.

16. ponteaggere

ponteaggere New Member

Yeah, it was hard enough to get him to eat anything but his z/d, because that was the love of his life. He's allergic to chicken, so that makes everything harder.

17. Suzanne & Darcy

Yeah, since chicken is everywhere in cat food! I understand about the z/d. I used to have a cat with Inflammatory Bowel Disease and he was on z/d. All of my cats wanted to eat that expensive dry food. This was before they even made the wet z/d, I believe.