? BG still increasing 04/09 Puddin AMPS 475, +2.5 499, +7 388, +9 375, PMPS 457, +1 560

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bella & Puddin, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

We are seeing higher BG readings continue (I think past the NDW window). I'm confused why a higher dose would produce higher BG readings consistently (past the 24 hour NDW window).
    Puddin was having 200s readings before 2.5u and now he's not touching the 200s.
    Does this seem like the typical pattern to experience or is something off?

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...n-amps-269-2-335-4-344-pmps-345-2-404.288575/

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

I've been reading some past postings and seems this is just something that happens possibly due to glucose toxicity; is this correct?
    This diabetes situation is a real emotional Rollercoaster!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Maybe he is dropping lower at night and bouncing in the day? It's possible he dropped below 200 on the night of 4/5 and is bouncing from there?

It's good you are increasing his dose every 3 days. In fact, if his nadirs are over 300, you can even increase by 0.5U rather than 0.25U.

And yes, it is possible that he is also seeing some glucose toxicity.

Heather82372 and Bella & Puddin like this.
  4. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

Thank you for the insight! I went up .25u this morning, but I will increase .5u if you all believe that's a better plan.

5. Heather82372

Heather82372 Well-Known Member

As Bhooma said, he could be dropping lower at night. Can you set your alarm and do a check around +7 - +9 for the next few nights? I know it sucks but the more info the better.

Bella & Puddin likes this.
  6. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

Yes, I will try that - if my baby cooperates with me!
    Thank you all.

7. Bandit's Mom

Even a +2 or +3 is enough at this point. TR requires that you get at least one test per cycle in addition to the PS test. You're doing great - there were only a couple of PM cycles where there were no tests. :)

8. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

OK, I understand - thank you. I will get more PM tests then.

9. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

I'm still very confused why Puddin's values are consistently increasing with every dosage increase. He was better overall at the lower dosages; it's almost that the insulin is having no effect on lowering his values, but appears to be increasing them. Does this make sense to anyone?

10. Bandit's Mom

If a cat is used to the 200s-300s and suddenly sees numbers below that (even briefly), its body responds to the low by bouncing to higher numbers. So you might start to see reds and blacks in response to blues. At such times, it's easy to think that your cat is doing worse than it was at a lower dose. But bouncing is a normal phenomenon and slowly reduces and eventually stops as cats get used to lower numbers.

Just follow the numbers and the protocol and you will get to a good dose. FD is often baffling and always frustrating. Just keep doing what you're doing. :bighug:

11. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

Thank you so much for the encouragement! We'll keep following protocol!

Bandit's Mom likes this.