BG up

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Merrie, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Merrie

Merrie Member

5 hours after prozinc BG up ? Cat ate some sweet potato.
    Help

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

It could be the sweet potato or a bounce from lower BG earlier in the cycle. Without any data to look at it's impossible to say what caused BG to be up. We have a spreadsheet available for you to keep track of readings if you are interested.
    The instructions for the spreadsheet are HERE and THIS DOC explains how to use it.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

It happens. Not much you can do about it.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Merrie, welcome to FDMB.

I took a look at previous posts and see that you did set up a spreadsheet but have not shared it so we can see it.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/higher-number-prozinc-with-am-shot.218836/

If you could create the signature we could see Mel's information when you post:
    Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the country/time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

Please refer back to the spreadsheet instructions to complete the process so we can see the spreadsheet. If you have any problems or don't have time to go back and fix it, you can PM (start a conversation) with @Marje and Gracie or @Chris & China (GA) and they can help you out. Without that information (signature and spreadsheet) being readily available when you post, it makes it very difficult to advise. Sometimes, and seems to be recently, there are some members, new and otherwise, with kitties having very low numbers and needing very close monitoring. Although the experienced members who happen to be online want to help each and every member, it's a juggling act now and then, and they may not have time to read back through all previous posts for information.

I hope Mel is doing well after his little food contraband adventure. We have a few kitties here who are absolutely ingenious in that regard.

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

If you need any help with the SS or posting it, please send me a PM and I’ll take care of it for you. To send me a PM, just click on “Marje and Gracie” under Gracie’s avatar and then “start a conversation”.