BigMac's Last day

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CD and BigMac, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((((CAROLYN))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so very sorry, it seems so inadequate to say that for such a special board legend. I am late to posting to this thread because it was so very hard to read about your saga with his surgery, as Conor had bile duct tumor as well so it kept making me cry and still is making me cry (both Big Mac and Conor) and its so hard really hard. I know that Big Mac is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge, and all the GAs will help him out in the spirit world rb_icon
    wings_cat

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Lisa, I am so sorry that you had to re-live your pain of Conor's loss. Thank you for comforting me even though it hurts you. That means a lot to me.

All of my friends here have helped me through this awful time going through BigMac's struggles. The initial cancer diagnosis, the hope of extending his life with surgery, the fear when he needed the second surgery, the renewed hope as some of the liver values improved and the non-cancer pathology report ... only to have those hopes suddenly crushed. I know we tried so hard to save his life but the complications were too much for his body. The roller coaster of emotions was not an easy thing to deal with alone.

♡♡♡ Because of FDMB ... I was never alone. ♡♡♡

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((Carolyn)))))))))

4. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))) :sad:

I am speechless. I can't imagine this is true. I'm SO very sorry to hear of the passing of your most beautiful, admirable boy. I know this is a terrible loss and hole on your soul.

I am honored to have met Big Mac in purrson when he generously shared his home with me the weekend of Cindy's wedding. My deepest condolences go out to you along with my prayers for your comfort and peace.

I am SO sorry.

5. Karen & dB (GA)

Karen & dB (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Carolyn, I am so sorry, and yet so glad that you got to be with him and that he knew you were there. My heart breaks with yours.

Tears,
    Karen, dB in spirit, Bindi, Dorje

6. KT & Buckwheat

KT & Buckwheat Member

((((((Carolyn)))))) I too am sharing your grief. I'm so sorry you have lost your beautiful Big Mac. He was truly a treasure. He will always be remembered. It's comforting to know you were able to be with him when he crossed. My sincere condolences.

7. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Aww. Thank you everyone, once again I am so touched by your caring.

As Anne/Zener said, this grieving is a process and you all are helping me immensely. From the warm hugs to the feeling of being needed... it all helps so much.

BigMac is here with me now and has been for a few days. I'm not sure how I feel about this, yet. I find more comfort in his photos and memories. Also reading and looking at all of YOUR kitties really is healing for me. I thought it would be difficult but no... it is better when I worry, encourage, cheer, and giggle at and with all of your kitties.

(((Many Hugs to my friends here!)))

8. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

I still keep you in my thoughts and prayers....i hope that having BigMac back with you will bring you comfort...he is home where he belongs and in your heart forever! ((((Carolyn))))

9. miso00

miso00 Well-Known Member

oh, Carolyn, I am so sorry to just now see this post. I was looking at the video Mel made for Mussette on the DCIN page and there was a list of other GA cats and I saw BigMac's name. I was shocked and saddened. I only got to know the both of you when Mikey was in his OTJ trial, when BigMac was first getting treatment if I remember correctly.

I could see how much BigMac meant to you and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jenn (and Mikey)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.