Bijoux OTJ Trial & Latest Updates

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Brittanyb5353, May 26, 2020.

1. Brittanyb5353

Brittanyb5353 Member

Hi All! Been awhile since I've been active on here but wanted to post a Bijoux update as we've been doing an OTJ trial and seems to be going well. She's officially been off insulin since May 6th and just got a new Freestyle Libre sensor so I could continue to monitor her over the next two weeks. We had a lapse of a few days and we tried to do at home testing but I also got very sick during those days and had to have my sister come help me with Bijoux (the lapse in monitoring on her spreadsheet).

Overall her numbers are good and her vitals are even better - she's eating/drinking/pooping/peeing all normally. She's playful, snuggly and is enjoying some time outside on the patio in the sunshine too. Hoping that we can keep this diet controlled but will be in close contact with her vet should anything change.

One thing I did note is that her numbers have started to dip pretty low - I don't know if this could indicate another condition going on but I'm keeping an eye on it and will talk to her vet about it.

Wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone here and @tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko @carfurby @Sienne and Gabby (GA) @SingsToCats @Bron and Sheba (GA) and anyone else I may have missed - your input has been invaluable and I hope you all are doing great - sending big hugs.

XO - Britt & Bijoux

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to hear she is doing so well. Some cats do go into lower numbers when they are not on insulin, so it may not be anything to worry about. However, it can't hurt to ask the vet just to be sure. I hope it's just normal for her.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great report on Bijoux! It's quite normal for cats not on insulin to test in the 40's. We just don't want any cat on insulin to go that low, as it leaves no margin for error. Most of us don't know what our cat's normal was at home before diagnosis.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great numbers and a beautiful spreadsheet!!

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. I just saw this while looking for someone who is considering a Libre. She might respond to this. Hope all is well.