Bix - next steps? - problem solved!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I am at the bottom of my PZI vial :sad: so trying to decide what to do next on a limited budget. I started a thread on Health - if anyone here has thoughts, please chime in!!! Thanks! :D

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11030

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Bix - next steps?

Call all your local vets and see if they have any PZI left. When I was running low last month, I called about 7 or 8 vets and I found 2 vets that still had some in stock. Also, post in the Supply Closet, sometimes people that have switched will still have some. I think Karen & Angus (GA) was offering some just a few weeks ago.

3. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Re: Bix - next steps?

Well, if it was me'n Boodz, and we liked the PZI and wanted to keep with it because it worked well for us, then we'd go with ProZinc, which I thought was supposed to be mostly identical. At $90 or so a vial, is that much more than the hard to get, last remaining vial of PZI?

For us the ProZinc lasts around 3 months, so $30 or so a month for insulin. Test strips seem to be the costly thing and you'd probably go through more of them with a switch to one of the L's.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas!!! Someone has PM'd me they have Idexx & is shipping me a vial, so - whew! - problem solved for the moment. I not sure if PZI is working for him right now... hoping it's my vial that is the problem since it's almost empty. Hopefully I will know in a few days!

5. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

JoAnna and Bix...I have been posting my good results with ProZinc for the past two months...Yes, about $90 a vial, but my SugarKitty is just finishing his first bottle, plus I am very happy with the results and his overall reaction to it (ex-vetsulin)...Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.