Black at Nadir - Question

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kathy4Skipper, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

Skipper's AM+6 number was 566. Is this a crazy bounce or did I give a fur shot this morning? I overslept this morning so no AM pre-preshot values. AM+9=538. (Sorry, but I can't test at night.)

For future advice, if he is black at nadir, can I give him just a drop of insulin? It seems cruel to make him sit in the blacks for 10-12 hours.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

He might be running high or it might have been a fur shot. I think you need to raise that dose back up.

3. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

Ok, thanks, I'll up his dose tomorrow. I think I'll try a smidge under 2u next.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to do the full 2, but you can do that if you want.

5. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

Ok, thanks. I'll see how it goes.

6. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

Well, Skipper's AMPS=265 so I gave his regular 1.75u instead of raising the dose. I'll see what he does over the next few cycles and then raise it. I don't know how to read him yet. He must have gone pretty low last night since his PM+10 was 216.

Shelley & Jess likes this.
  7. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

I have a side question while I'm waiting to see how he does at 1.75u... :bookworm:

I like to test at PM+10... this is my first morning opportunity to test him... to make sure he's not too low since I can't test at night. If his number is fine at +10, is it really necessary to test at PMPS? It's an extra jab and seems to be a waste of a test strip. For example, his PM+10 was 305 this morning.

StarburstMom likes this.