Blackie - Vet Update

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Just got back from the ultrasound. No stones, not tumors. Yeah!! But still no explanation for the blood in the urine and no growth on the culture. So asked if we could put Blackie back on the Zenequin. Vet agreed. I know you're not supposed to give abs with no positive culture, but my vet said he could still have an infection that is not showing up on the culture. We had good luck with Zenequin in the past, so I'm hoping it will work again. I also talked to the vet about switching insulins. I only have a couple weeks left of PZI and I have 5 pens of Lantus. So vet suggested we wait until the Zenequin is done and then make the switch.

In the meantime, I've been shooting 3.2 and not changing the dose even when his ps is below 300 and we are finally getting numbers in the 200's. So that is a little better too. I was surprised, but Blackie gained weight and that's not really a bad thing.

I hope everyone is having a good day. It's sunny and supposed to get up in the 50's. Happy Friday!

2. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Yay on the ultrasound results :smile: I will send healing thoughts for the Zenequin to work! Have a great day and hugs to Blackie :YMHUG:

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

YAY!!! That is awesome! Hope his urine clears up soon, those things can be SOOOOOO frustrating & mysterious!

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Yippee for good ultrasound results! :) I hope the Zenequin clears anything up that might be lingering undetected. Hopefully his numbers stay well-behaved, just like Blackie himself. :)

Enjoy your sunny Friday! We've had sunshine the last 2 days but it's rainy today. I can't really complain though. Getting ready to post the Friday Five, so get your thinking cap on. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.