Blackie's Culture Results

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Got the culture results: Negative. So I've scheduled an ultrasound for next Friday. I talked to vet about how his glucose always goes up and then we find blood in his urine. He said it could be his kidney problems and hopefully we'll know more when we do the ultrasound. I don't know if I should hope we find something or hope we don't find anything wrong.

So no abs and we'll keep doing what we're doing. My bottle of PZI is only about 1/4 full and at 3 units BID, we're going through it pretty fast. I do have a line on another bottle from Venita, so I'm not too worried about the insulin.

Blackie still seems to feel fine. He's been sleeping with us more often now and wakes me up before the alarm. He's such a sweetie, I hope we can get him better.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Geez, Ele, I'm sorry it didn't turn anything up that could have been an easy fix. I guess we should know better by now, huh? (((Ele)))

I am glad Blackie is still a sweetheart as ever. If he's anything like Cricket other than looks, he is the sweetest kitty alive. Cricket just wants to cuddle and be loved. I wonder if that's a male cat thing, or a black cat thing, or what.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. A couple of friends and I are going to try a wine bar tonight; we haven't been, but it sounds like fun. They have some cheese sampler platters, we're going to get dressed up, and we will act like adults. ;) The best part is that it's only about half a mile from my house so we can walk if we have a little too much wine. ;) The sun is out and it's gorgeous, and we're due to hit 60 tomorrow. I can't wait!

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

I will keep you and Blackie in my thoughts. Sending you good thoughts :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.