Bounciness related to Food?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kathy4Skipper, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

So, if I keep using ProZinc instead of switching to another insulin...

Somewhere on this website, someone referenced an off-felinediabetes.com thread Low Carb vs Lower Carb so I read it and now I'm wondering if Skipper's bounciness can be related to the food he is eating.

IF I keep using ProZinc, maybe switching to a slightly higher carb food might soften his bounciness? Seems contradictory but I'm willing to give it a try. Skipper will no longer eat the Nulo that I was feeding so I need to switch foods anyway. I have several cases of Instinct Limited Ingredient Turkey, which is 7% carbs. So I'll be moving from 3% (nulo) to 7% (instinct).

Thoughts are welcomed!

2. Shelley & Jess

Shelley & Jess Member

We had a run on our spreadsheet (Oct 2020) where it seemed Jess did better with a smidge higher carbs. The only reason we tried it was because of the shortage of food last year and I couldn't keep it going to see if it continued because of the shortage of food, urghh!

The 7% Turkey is under the 10% we recommend - it can't hurt to try, the numbers will tell you if it helps or not.

Nice AM cycle yesterday! Looks like he spent a fair amount of time in the blues :cool:

(ETA - Jess had suspected IBD, the bit better numbers could have been from no IBD inflammation at the time or her pancreas had healed enough by then to really wake up during that run)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Reason for edit: add more thoughts
  3. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

Thanks for your insight and mentioning the recommended 10% value. I, too, was happy to see his numbers in the blue yesterday. If he doesn't bounce, it looks like today will see good numbers, too. fingers crossed!

Shelley & Jess likes this.
  4. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

I had my girl on TIKI Cat chicken for a long time, which is supposedly Zero carbs. At one point started to ponder the same question. Could ZERO carbs actually be doing her a dis-service???? I have switched her to the FF turkey pate a few months ago and while it didn’t fix the problem, she has been more predictable and consistent.

Kathy4Skipper and Shelley & Jess like this.
  5. Kathy4Skipper

Kathy4Skipper Member

Thanks for sharing your experience. Predictable and consistent will be such a relief for me!

6. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member