GA Bubba , GA

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, May 12, 2023.

1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Dear Friends , it’s been a while since I posted anything about Bubba, as he was in remission and this year would have been 4 years.

Sadly we had to say goodbye to him last night 4 days after his 17th BD. Those of you that remember him will remember that 7 1/2 years ago he lost his right eye to cancer. Unfortunately, his left eye developed a cataract and it bloomed suddenly causing him blindness. He stumbled around crashing into furniture and became more and more isolated from us. Despite all our best intentions to keep him safe and help him navigate the darkness , he threw in the towel and stopped eating several days ago. If I put food in front of his nose , he’d appease me an eat a few bites. After 2 days of this and him not moving from the same spot, we set him free .

It was an excruciating decision to put his best interest above our selfishness. He has left a huge hole in our hearts.

I wanted to share a few of my favorite photos with you but I was not allowed for some reason.

I hope everyone is well.

Fistuk & Shelly likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Bubba was lucky to have had you. It's never easy to make that decision. Fly free sweet Bubba. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I think the only way you can add pictures is to drag and drop them.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi Bobbie. I’m sorry it was his time to cross but you made the compassionate and loving decision at the right time. It’s never easy to say goodbye and being so attached to you he made you make the decision. Take care of yourself. I look forward to the pictures. :bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Thank you Carla! I’m so sorry to see that you lost you Furball ! When?? Glad to see you’re still active. I dropped away while my mom was so bad. But that’s been almost 2 years. I want to dedicate some more time to the forum.

Thanks for your response. As always , yours was one of the first whenever I posted.

I’ll have to experience with dragging and dropping the
    photos. Different that when I was active.

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

I like your sentiments ! I think you’re right about that!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Bobbie))) I am so sorry to hear it was Bubba's time to go to the great wood pile in the sky. :bighug::bighug::bighug: He was a legend here. You had such a rocky start with ketones and did such a great job getting OTJ. I'm going to think of Bubba healthy again and chasing those mousies at the Rainbow Bridge.
    cat_wings>o

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I lost Furball this past December. Her body just had enough. She was about 20 years old. I can't imagine not being part of this forum after all these years.

xelo y sinver likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh wow, 20 years old. That is amazing! I’m so sorry for your loss.

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  9. Bobbie And Bubba

Thank you Wendy! That’s exactly how I want to remember him, outside on-top of the wood pile hunting ! Good memory of photos I have posted!

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Bobbie I am so sorry for your loss, he was such a gorgeous kitty. Fly high sweet Bubba , I bet you are chasing butterflies now. You will be missed but never forgotten.Take care of you Bobbie and just remember all the wonderful times you shared together :bighug::bighug:

11. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Bobbie)))) I am so sorry to hear Bubba as passed away.
    Such a beautiful boy and so loved. You looked after him so well.
    It is such a hard hard decision to made to help them cross but it is the most wonderful gift you can give them.
    I have often thought about you over the last few years and have wondered how things were for you.
    Fly free Bubba, there are many friends waiting for you at the rainbow bridge :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

12. Bobbie And Bubba

So good to see you Bron! I hope all is well with you and yours. It’s been a rough couple of years. We lost our dog Lucy , and my mom within a month of each other. Nothing stays the same , does it? How is your world?

13. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I am fairly new here and did not know Bubba, but just wanted to say that sweet Bubba had a wonderful 17 years and you have given him such love and care.
    I know you know this and knowing this does not make things easier, but he was telling you to help him go to a place where he can play carefree again. You did the very best that only dedicated loving pet parent could do. My thoughts are with you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Bobbie And Bubba

Thank you so much. In my heart I know I did the right thing. But it’s always nice to have others confirm it. :bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom and Mikanmama like this.
  15. Bobbie And Bubba

16. Bobbie And Bubba

17. Bobbie And Bubba

18. Bobbie And Bubba

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Bobbie)))))
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Bubba is such a beautiful cat. I hope your memories are just as lovely. Even in your heart when you know you are making the right decision, it's still excruciating.

Bubba will always be remembered here.

20. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your mom and Lucy. You looked after your mom so well and for so long. You were a wonderful daughter.
    You are right, nothing stays the same. We are doing OK thanks:bighug:

21. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to read that. Bubba was beautiful and you gave him a great long life. It is so sad to lose our baby cats. :bighug:

22. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for you loss, ((((Bobby)))
    Fly Free, Happy & Healthy again, Bubba cat_wings>o

23. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

Oh, what a gorgeous boy. I’m so very sorry for your loss, Bobbie. It sounds like you did exactly the right thing at exactly the right time. I once read (probably here) that letting a beloved kitty go is a transfer of pain from them to you, and what could you give him that is more loving than that? My thoughts are with you. :bighug::rb_icon:

24. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

What beautiful pics of Bubba, is that his brother Forrest? :bighug::bighug:

25. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, brother Forrest who we lost 3 years ago June.

26. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your love and compassion allowed Bubba to be free and you listened to what he was telling you. Godspeed, Bubba. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Forrest: "And this, old bro, is what is famously known as Bubba's woodpile. It's legend. The FDMB cats come by all the time to hunt and party. And all of your mice made it across the rainbow bridge (with a bit of help from Bobbie). Isn't that great? And what's even greater is that if you take a mouse, it rematerializes."

The rainbow bridge woodpile is going to be party after party after party because we all know how much Bubba liked a party.

Hope this eases your loss even just a teeny bit, Bobbie. You too are legend because of the care you took with them. Look after yourself. :bighug:

28. Bobbie And Bubba

So very very kind and made me chuckle It warms my heart to think of Bubba as a legend !

29. Bobbie And Bubba

30. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

My heart breaks for you :bighug:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:
    I don't know you or Bubba as Nestls and I only began our diabetes journey in Dec of 2021 but from what I've read and saw it looks like you've given him a wonderful life. May he fly high and land softly on the other side. I'm sure he's watching over you and his fur-siblings

31. Bobbie And Bubba

Thank you so much for your kind sentiments and the best of luck to you and Nestls in the sugar dance.

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  32. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bobbie, he is absolutely gorgeous, it truly breaks my heart to hear this, we all work so hard to make sure our babies and happy and healthy and your a great furbaby mom, he was so lucky to have you all, my heart goes out to you and your family during this time, and remember what I told you, you gave him to ultimate gift of love….peace

33. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this dear friend.

Bubba, sweet boy, fly free, land softly.

34. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

What a splendid creature and what a great, long life he shared with you. Hard last days but you gave him that final gift of a gentle release from suffering.

35. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

(((Bobbie))) I’m just so very saddened to read this! Your posts about Bubba were ever present when I first joined, and you were so kind to help me on more than a few occasions when I wasn’t sure what I was doing. I have not been on the board for a while, and missed your condo. Such lovely photos of Bubba, I’m sure he’s happily mouse hunting over the Rainbow Bridge. Lots of :bighug::bighug::bighug:, I’m so very sorry, Bobbie.

36. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Bobbie - I just popped into the forum (it's been years) and saw the news about Bubba - such a dear sweet boy and sounds like he was being Bubba until the very end
    I'm very very sorry - he is truly a legend. Sorry about your Mom and Lucy too. I lost Murphy November 2022 -
    The only constant is that everything changes - hugs to you

37. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

I am also fairly new and not familiar with your story, and Bubba's story. But I just had to comment that 17 years is a wonderful long life for a cat, and I can tell by those pictures that he had a great life and you took wonderful care of him. Such a beautiful cat!! 3 OTJs, wow. That is something!

cat_wings>ocat_wings>o

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  38. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know he was a special cat and he was so lucky to have you for a mama. Luci and I send our deepest regards. I know how hard this time is for you. Sending you big hugs. Fly free sweet Bubba! Go chase those butterflies in the meadow.cat_wings>o

39. Jason - Kona's Dad

Jason - Kona's Dad Well-Known Member

Very sad to hear of your loss. :( What an amazing job taking care of him in all those 17 years!

Bubba was sooo handsome, just like a little lion. Thank you for sharing. :bighug:

cat_wings>o