Cabergoline users - IGF-1 Retested?

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by FrostD, Jun 14, 2021.

1. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone has had or is thinking about getting IGF-1 retested after some period of time?

We'll be starting it next week.

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

@Olive & Paula I didn't want to clog up the sticky. Since I can't see Olive's SS, was there any correlation between the date of the IGF-1 retest blood draw and perhaps tumor pulsing based on the signs you mentioned? What were the signs by the way?

It's curious to me that her dose would halve but IGF-1 stay (almost) flat. Is it possible IAA was in the mix and might have broken at the same time? I know you said you didn't get that tested

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

olives ss is lost and can't get it back. I don't know if she had IAA or not vet would not do the test. Olive had severe symptoms. When cabergoline started the symptoms became less and the episodes were less often. When it did pulse she would hide in a dark corner from light sensitivity, her walk went back to being very cautious. She would have mild stridor which before was quite severe. She wouldn't let me pick her up or touch her for that matter. It would last a day or 2 and eventually the pulsing stopped for quite some time. When she was retested, if I remember correctly she was a normal cat. Playing, running, jumping, interested watching the birds outside, let me pick her up and allowed me to brush her. She also had an abdominal mass and chronic pancreatitis. The difference in knowing if it was acro pulse or pancreatitis was how she walked and the stridor. I

Hope this makes sense, it's late here and not thinking to clearly. If there is anything else I will fill in the blanks tomorrow.

FrostD likes this.
  4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Makes sense, thank you. I'm just trying to read and learn as much as I can, be as educated as I can.

Thankfully right now the only symptoms he has is a mild sensitivity to light, and I believe head and feet getting bigger.

Olive & Paula likes this.