Can cats have a nadir around +12? Dosing advice?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Katie & Marcy, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katie & Marcy

Katie & Marcy Member

My cats had a couple low numbers at the pmps and amps recently, currently about to be reducing her dose to .25. I don’t know if I’m doing this right, can anyone with more experience give me dosing advice? Like should I be treating it as a hypo, because the insulin should be wearing off at this point? Does that mean she’s heading to food based remission? I recently switched her to a novel protein, a few weeks ago during her last infection where there was a large block of red and black numbers.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I'm Guessing she went lower earlier. Good call reducing.

3. Katie & Marcy

Katie & Marcy Member

Yeah that’s my fear, that if she’s this low now, how low was she earlier. I haven’t had time for a curve, and the days where I have, she looked like she was going to be high and flat. I just feel like I’m reducing her really fast, and running out of reductions too

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

My Wiggles use to occasionally do that. Sometimes reducing the dose (he was on about 0.3 units Levemir). But other times I had skip shots. Now I have a very hold time controlling BGs. Sometimes I get good BGs and others he goes HI. I have tried different insulins with no real success.

5. Katie & Marcy

Katie & Marcy Member

Oh I guess that’s something I could consider, switching insulin at some point if it might help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.