Can i get eyes on ojs numbers for today?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Luxe, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luxe

Luxe Member

Hey guys and gals! So the juicy mans had some lower for him numbers today. Granted he's been sleeping for most of the day and only really eaten breakfast and and some boiled chicken for lunch. He's actually been sleeping pretty much 24/7 since thursday as he's recovering. But still eating really good. He had his last onisior pill last night. His shot time is in 4 hrs now. If he stays in the lower to mid 200s should i decrease his dose for tonight? I read a lot of places that say skip under 200 but i really dont want to skip a dose completely if he happens to stay under that number also.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome to see those blues and progress.:cool:

We suggest that brand new people skip under 200. That's not you any longer. :cool: You have to decide if you really are still following TR too. As that means shooting lower. Low preshots mean much flatter cycles. Maybe get a +11 to see where he is, and post over in the Lantus forum if it's a number you aren't comfy shooting.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Luxe

Luxe Member

Adding that while i was taking a shower he threw up all of his dinner time snack of boiled chicken. I'll wait half an hour and try to give him some more because he's acting hungry now that everything is out of his stomach :(

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Alicia good to hear OJ is eating pretty good. Nice to see those blue numbers ♥:cat:

Luxe likes this.
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Maybe he ate it too fast

6. Luxe

Luxe Member

Okay thanks. I was originally but i've been doing the same dose to keep him steady for his dental as the vet was okay with the numbers he was at. Didnt want to increase and have him drop low again overnight and have her push the surgery back. Now that he has them out i havent changed the dose because im monitoring how he's feeling and seeing if the numbers drop on his own as he heals. So def will be doing a lot more checks over the next couple weeks to see if thats happening and hopefully i'll end up lowering his dose over time vs increasing it

7. Luxe

Luxe Member

I think so. Plus while he was waiting to eat he was chewing on the fake xmas tree my mom still has up. That usually makes him puke too but there werent any tree pieces in it like usual

8. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Oooh, I'm liking those numbers from OJ today! 136 for an AT2? Nice!

9. Luxe

Luxe Member

We're using the relion premier. We were previously using the at2 but switched him over 12/20 because it was getting way too expensive. Should i change my signature? I included relion but left the at2 before 12/20 incase people were looking to compare numbers.
    Is there any truth that the relion premier reads closer to a pet meter than other relion monitors? I read that online but i wasnt sure if it was true or not

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The thing that needs to be changed is your spreadsheet, cause it shows you as still using the AT. @Bandit's Mom might be able to help you with that. I would still take the Relion numbers as human numbers. His numbers are still quite high and he's spending a lot of time over renal threshold. If you are following TR, he needs that increase. I would follow what the numbers tell you to do, and right now they say increase. If he does end up going lower in the next week as he heals, then you decrease. Keeping him in higher numbers just means glucose toxicity and he gets used to higher numbers.

11. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I will make the changes in your SS to reflect that you are now using a human meter. Since Dec 20, 2020, right?

12. Luxe

Luxe Member

Yes please. Thats weird, on mine on the top its showing relion. Unless i didnt do something right and its only showing for me

Attached Files:

13. Luxe

Luxe Member

Okay will do. The vet said he's going to be all over the board the next couple weeks so i was nervous changing the dose if he's going to be changing frequently.

14. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I changed it :)

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  15. Luxe

Luxe Member

Thank you!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  16. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Alicia no biggie but your signature says Relion Prime, , you are using the Premier right? @Luxe

17. Luxe

Luxe Member

Thanks~ i changed it :)

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.