? Can I shoot? Stalling, wondering PMPS 2.9, +20mins 5.9 + 45 mins 8.8 Good 10.8 @+3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CB Terri, Dec 12, 2020.

1. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

My cat cotton had a 2.9/52 tonight at his 8:00 pmps. While this I understand is a proper range number it quite concerned me as he's never been that low. I fed him a gravy fancy feast, some dry quail kibble and a tsp of sugar syrup and got a 5.9 at 20 minutes after. I am stalling on his Lantus to see if numbers continue to rise - I know 2.9 isn't considered hypo but it surely puzzles me as I've never seen it so low - but a great number really!
    I am going to test again in 5 minutes.
    How long should I continue to test tonight.
    ***I APOLOGIZE for any missing #s on my spreadsheet, we had a fire at our house on weds, our garage beside our house burned to the ground, melted all the siding off the house, popped our windows and door glass, and took our power service off the house. We are staying with relatives and it's been crazy hectic with little sleep ( 6 cats snd a german shepherd).
    ADVICE on how l9ng to test please and whether I should reduce his Lantus at all?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

A reduction was earned because you are following SLGS. Since the PMPS was under 90 you were correct not to shoot.

I’m so sorry about the fire. I hope you and your family are all okay.:bighug:

Having fed hc I suggest that you skip tonight. The dose in the morning will be 2.75. I would test for two hours without food to make sure the bg stays up. Next time this happens, since it’s at the end of the cycle you could have fed lc.

CB Terri and Bron and Sheba (GA) like this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you lost your garage and the side of your house but glad everyone is okay.

I'm a bit confused by the spreadsheet. The numbers you listed above appear in the 11th of December PMPS row.

Skip tonight and reduce back to 2.75 units in the morning.

You should test for the next 2 hours to make sure Cotton's numbers stay above 50. Sometimes Lantus can last longer than 12 hours.

CB Terri likes this.
  4. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

Thanks Tiffmaxee and Red and Rover.
    I will continue to test tonight.
    Also should I go back up to 3 units tomorrow night? Or keep 2.75 till things at home settle and we can move back in?
    2.9 is good range (likely the BG ultimate goal lol) but with all going on right now I cant monitor as much as I want and I don't really want TR atm. I will do extra tests tomorrow too.
    I had been meaning to do a full curve at th 3 units when all this went down.
    I believe I have fixed my spreadsheet.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

No don’t go back up to the previous dose. Stay on the 2.75 u. Once you have earned reduction, you Stay with it until you either earn another or you need to go back up as per the dosing method.

I’m Going to tag @Bandit's Mom to have a look at your SS just to check it is all OK.
    Im not sure why those lime green squares are there

CB Terri and tiffmaxee like this.
  6. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Definitely back to 2.75 units in the morning no matter how high Cotton's numbers are.

She may have earned the reduction back on the AMPS cycle where you shot the 97. If you get a low number at shot time, stall without feeding, and come online to ask for help.

I'm sorry, your spreadsheet is still out of whack. You've added a day somewhere. Today is the 12th but the numbers are for the 13th.

CB Terri likes this.
  7. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

I have the 2.75 entered for tomorrow morning at 8am, the PMs should be in the right spot now :)
    Sorry, between my stroke and the fire, my new EPI kitty and lack of sleep I am surprised PMs were only off by one line. Thanks for letting me know!

8. tiffmaxee

Try and get a good night’s sleep. You don’t need to test any more tonight. It’s best to get two rising ones after a low number. :bighug:

CB Terri likes this.
  9. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

Lime - Are you referring to the column spots I inserted where I have the time of my shot?

10. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

Thanks, will do.

11. tiffmaxee

There are 00 across +1 all tge way down. Don’t worry about it.

12. CB Terri

CB Terri Member

Removed. I use the World screen so i never noticed that.