Cassie is home

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

We just got home with Cassie from the vet. She had one tooth extracted and 3 small masses removed from her eyelids. She only has a couple of stitches in her eyes. She is a little unsteady on her feet but she seems to be in good spirits. She was barking in the recovery room when we got to the vet, which reassured me she was just fine. ;)

She came in the house, drank some water (wanted a lot but we only gave her a little per the vet's instructions), and investigated the kitty bowls to see if there was any food in there. Since she didn't have breakfast this morning, I'm sure she's hungry. In a couple of hours, we will give her a small amount of food and if she doesn't get sick, she can have the rest of her meal.

She doesn't have to have any restricted activity beyond tonight, and since she's old, it's easy to keep her quiet. :) She is on Clindamycin BID for 7 days and the Tramadol she is already on will take care of her pain. They gave her one at the vet's and it was listed on the bill as 1 pill for $14.95. I almost had a heart attack until I saw that they took that charge off. I would have brought one of them in from home if I knew it was going to be that expensive. :p

Thank you all for your thoughts, advice, and support. I am so glad she's home and hopefully this will make her feel much better once she heals.

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so happy she is home. I just hate leaving any furkid at the vet and I know you were worried. So, Welcome Home, Cassie. Give her a tummy rub from me.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay, lots of good news, that is cute that she was barking (well, the vets probably didn't find it cute, lol, but I like it!!!). Hope she has a nice quite night and is feeling normal-ish tomorrow. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.