Cassie's OTJ anniversary

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by bookw0rm, Jan 11, 2019.

1. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

It's been 4 years since Cass cat's last insulin shot. At almost 18.75, he's still as cuddly as ever. We're doind subQ fluids 3 times per week, but he seems content most of the time.

I know the sugar dance is hard, but a happy, healthy cat (even if maintained with insulin) is worth it. Don't give up or despair; Cass was on insulin for almost 3 years. We started dosing 3 times a day. He was a bouncer. I thought he'd never stabalize. But he did. And he's been OTJ longer than he was on.

There's lots of good advice & helpful people here. Take advantage of the community & keep on sugar dancing.

SpotsMom, Caitlin M, majandra and 2 others like this.
  2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Happy happy anniversary!! That’s so great and inspiring to hear. Thank you for sharing. As you well know this can be frustrating at times. Give Cassie a hug from me !! And yes. I am thankful every day for the people here. I could not have gotten this far without them and what I have learned here. Xoxo

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Thanks for this! It helps to know that FD kitties can do well long term with or without insulin.

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa, and thanks for dropping in! It's always great to get updates and remember the success stories! I'm so glad to hear that Cassie is still doing so well!

5. bookw0rm

It's been 6 years since Cass cat's last insulin shot. At almost 20.75, he's still as cuddly as ever. We're doing subQ fluids daily, but he seems content most of the time.

I know the sugar dance is hard, but a happy, healthy cat (even if maintained with insulin) is worth it. Don't give up or despair; Cass was on insulin for almost 3 years. We started dosing 3 times a day. He was a bouncer. I thought he'd never stabalize. But he did. And he's been OTJ longer than he was on.

There's lots of good advice & helpful people here. Take advantage of the community & keep on sugar dancing.

Deb & Wink and Pookie (GA) like this.
  6. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Wow!! Congratulations and thank you so very much for that positive news. I’ve been working my girl for over 2 years and have been feeling pretty discouraged lately And-. I just got a random 347 @ +5.:banghead: That Bit of positivity was just what I needed. Thank you and may you and Cass cat have many more happy healthy years.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  7. bookw0rm

It's been 7 years since Cass cat's last insulin shot (today is his OTJ anniversary). He'll be 21.75 on Saturday, and he's still as cuddly as ever. We're doing subQ fluids daily, but he seems content most of the time.

I know the sugar dance is hard, but a happy, healthy cat (even if maintained with insulin) is worth it. Don't give up or despair; Cass was on insulin for almost 3 years. We started dosing 3 times a day. He was a bouncer. I thought he'd never stabalize. But he did. And he's been OTJ more than twice as long as he was on. Of course, every cat is different, but I thought our story might help.