Cat litter question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tena and Curry(GA), Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Has anyone here used the Breeze cat litter system?

I'm trying to reduce the dust from the litterbox in my home.

Amazon has some good reviews on it....just wanted to know if any of you have had any experience with it.

Thanks,
    Tena

2. Little One

Little One Member

I believe that is the name of the one we were using. It has the clay pellets and an absorbent pad under it right?

We really liked it while were using it. We have two cats and I typically had to change the pad twice to three times per week.

Actually, it is because of this litter box that we realized there was a problem with Little One. I started having to change the pad every other day or even more often than that. That in conjunction with increased water intake by Little One resulted in a trip to the vet and eventual diagnosis.

Pros:
    Fairly Clean
    Doesn't track much at all
    Little litter use/change required

Cons:
    Not covered so it is open for everyone to see
    Cost - this may not be an issue. I would say if you only have one cat and it is not using the litter box more often because of high BG then you should be good to go.
    As mentioned above, if you cat is using the box more often because they are not regulated you go through more pads leading to increased cost.

We currently using a cedar pellet litter in a standard enclosed box and really like it as well. Always smells like pine and as long as you keep on top of it, it will not track and there is zero dust.

Once we get our Little One regulated and his box use is back to normal, we will probably go back to the Breeze box.

Hope this helps.

3. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great feedback.

Yes, that's the one I was referring to.

My Curry (GA) had diabetes that went into remission but ended up dying from the dang asthma. My new kitty started coughing last night. So I'm thinking about changing to the Breeze system...its suppose to be 99.9% dust free.

Thanks again,
    tena

4. Little One

Little One Member

Dust would not be an issue with the Breeze system.

Good Luck!

5. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

We switched to Dr Elsey's Precious Kitty scoopable litter to get rid of the dust. It is amazing the difference with dust, odor, and clumping ability. It is more expensive than most scoopables, I find the best price by far at PetSmart ($5 per bag less than our local pet supply store). With 5 of our own, plus 2 fosters we'd go through Breeze pads like water so a good regular litter option was needed and I won't use anything else after Dr Elsey's.

6. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

I have the breeze and I absolutely love it! It's dust free and has way less waste, and really easy to maintain. Just definitely make sure you are cleaning the box and changing over the pellets at least once a month as suggested, as well as changing the pads on time. If you don't do the upkeep on time with it it's a mess--it's definitely way easier to clean and upkeep than regular litter, but you have to maintain it or it's really gross.

It's also way cheaper for me than regular litter. I get my pad/pellet refills on Amazon with the subscribe & save option, so my total cost (for one cat) per month is $13. He goes through exactly one pad a week, so a cat that is unregulated might need to go through more than that.

7. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.