Cat Poop (sorry)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Douglas_my ginger cat, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas_my ginger cat

Douglas_my ginger cat Member

Hi,

Sorry for raising this, but I am little concerned about Douglas' poop.

He is a regular pooper with good dark brown stools, albeit sometimes a bit smelly with certain foods. But last night and this morning his poop has been a very light/pale brown.

Is this something that I should be concerned about?

2. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Hi Anna
    No need to apologise for the subject matter, it’s a very valid one.
    So the first thing is, has Douglas eaten anything different lately or have you given him any plain cooked chicken or fish to unbalance his usual food intake? If so, that can make a difference to poop colour.
    If not, it may be connected to the diabetes - there are related conditions that can cause pale poop, I can’t remember exactly but I think it involves some kind of pancreatic enzyme. See what other people say but if you’re at all worried, call the vet. Has Douglas had a check-up lately? I see his bg is still pretty high?

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Anna,

One possibility is an issue with exocrine pancreatic function. Stools may become paler with a sort of greyish cast to them. Other pointers include stools that are reeeeeeeally whiffy, possibly with a 'fluffy' texture, a bit like the gooey filling in a marshmallow teacake (steatorrhoea, fatty stool).

Hopefully it's just a one-off, but I'd suggest giving the vet a call if the problem continues.

Mogs

Douglas_my ginger cat likes this.
  4. Douglas_my ginger cat

Douglas_my ginger cat Member

Thanks guy, I will keep an eye and if it continues for the next couple days then I will call the vet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.