Cat urine in carpet--help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mandy S, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Sissy got locked in my daughters room and peed under her bed. I tried using an enzyme cleaner to get it out. That didn't work, I bought a carpet cleaner and some different cleaner and now it smells worse than it did before. What can I use? I have tried these more natural methods because my daughter has some lung issues and some of that stuff smells so strongly I didn't want her breathing it for days until it dissipated. But I can't have it smelling like this either. I can't believe she peed under the bed. UGH

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Which enzyme cleaner did you use?

3. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

I used Nature's Miracle first and then some Biokleen.

4. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

I just read online to do one part water to one part white vinegar. Has anyone tried that?

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

6. Gracie85

Gracie85 Member

whatever you use, you need to get the carpet as dry as possible, so keep running the carpet cleaner over it, on sucking only, no extra fluid, for a LONG time afterwards.

7. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

A friend of mine told me about a mixture and I’ve had great luck with it. She usually used it on dog urine but it pretty much worked for the cat pee smell in our rug and floor.

mix one part vinegar with one part hydrogen peroxide. Add a bit of liquid dish soap. Add baking soda to make a paste. Work it in and let it dry, vacuum up. I usually sprinkled more baking soda on top. May need to do twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.