Celebrating Ginger's 12th Birthday Today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Ginger's real Birthday is the 19th, but I have to work that day, so we went out shopping.

There was a slanted cat scratcher with a round platform for lounging on top, at PetsMart. It was way up high on the shelf. I told the guy "Ginger is interested in that one, can you please get it down for me?". As soon as it was on the floor, Ginger curled up on the round carpeted platform on top. I said "We'll take it.". We checked out the collars as Ginger's is frayed (the fibers stretch in fine threads towards her back) from grooming. We couldn't really find the right color, so we next went to the treats section. We got her some Catnip Flavored Greenies. Everyone said she was beautiful and stopped by to pet her, and she stayed in the kid section of the shopping cart. She wasn't so over joyed to be there, so we made a quick venture through the toy section, and got her a container of catnip and a Jackson Galaxy kicker toy that has a refillable center where there is more catnip.
    When we got home, Ginger sat on the couch with me (she rarely comes up onto the couch) and had two helpings of catnip flavored Greenies, and then had some fresh dried cat nip. She was purring as she laid there.
    I plan to put the new scratcher next to the sliding glass window, but for now, it's on the other side of the wall and Ginger is sitting on the platform all curled up next to her Jackson Galaxy catnip filled kicker toy.
    My Jackson is happy to play with the wrappings that the kicker toy came in.
    I think Ginger is happy :)

I haven't done a post in a long while. My desk top computer quick working 3 weeks ago, and I went two long weeks without a computer at all except for at work. I now have a new lap top computer which I am learning. I have not yet called Olympus to have their program installed on this new computer, so here is a picture of Ginger from about a month ago.

I think I can find my old pictures, hold on...
    upload_2016-5-14_15-30-44.png

upload_2016-5-14_15-30-8.png

2. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to Ginger! Hope she has many more to celebrate!

Dyana likes this.
  3. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, dear Ginger!! She is still gorgeous!!!

I love the way you took her shopping for her birthday presents and look forward to the photo of her new scratcher.

Ha ha, Jackson! Wrapping is just as much a toy as the stuff that came in it, huh? I'll bet it smells like catnip, too. ;)

It's so good to hear from you, Dyana.

Dyana likes this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Ginger!!! Sounds like you've already had an awesome day!!!

China whipped up a few party treats (since we know you're going to invite everybody to your pawty!!)
    [​IMG]

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to Ginger! [​IMG]

She is so beautiful.

Dyana likes this.
  6. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Happy birthday pretty Ginger!

Dyana likes this.
  7. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Ginger!!!!!!!!!!

Dyana likes this.
  8. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Ginger!
    [​IMG]

julie & punkin (ga) and Dyana like this.
  9. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Ginger! I love that she went shopping with you and sat in the cart. :)

Dyana likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Happy Birthday Ginger, you pretty thing!

[​IMG]

Dyana likes this.
  11. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Ginger!

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Ginger and I say Thank You to you all, for your Birthday Wishes to her :bighug:. She is up on the couch next to me again, right now. I appreciate you all so much :bighug:

She is such a mind reader, or tuned in to me. Yesterday morning, I was looking at my personal email from home and my new computer tends to sometimes open things and close things that I don't intend for it to do. I found myself reading an email about hydrotherapy for cats and then clicked on a link about how to bathe a cat. I said to her "I'm reading an article about how to bathe a cat." and she instantly went to the sliding glass door and cried to go out. Jackson passed by me and I said the same thing to him and he didn't seem to hear a word I said. Since I was up early for once and had some extra time that morning, I opened the door and let Ginger outside. I watched her run down the hill and to the next condo complex over and then to proceed across the big lawn. She kept looking back at me as I yelled at her "Ginger, come back, I have to go to work.". Shortly after that, she turned and ran full speed into the bushes. She normally just hangs out and sticks around right in front of my condo. I took some cat treats out there, and shook the bag. Normally, she would come running at the sound. She wouldn't come out. I said to her "I was just reading an article". Finally, she appeared from the bushes and walked slowly home. EOS (End Of Story) :)

granadilla likes this.
  13. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

hahaha i love how she reacted to your telling her about the kitty bath. Maybe she is psychic! Lucky little girl to get to go shopping for her own birthday present!

Great to see you Dyana. I've missed you!

Scritches for little Jackson & happy birthday wishes for Miss Ginger!

edited to add - love the pics, especially the bottom one where she is looking RIGHT at you! :D

Dyana likes this.
  14. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Ginger! I think you got your point across about a potential bath! :joyful: :joyful: :joyful: Thanks for the stories, Dyana, i love reading about your kitties.
    Liz

Dyana likes this.
  15. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Ginger!
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Dyana likes this.
  16. smilelari

smilelari Member

Happy birthday Ginger!

Dyana likes this.
  17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

What great stories, great pictures! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GINGER!! What a lucky girl to get so many nice gifts.

Hugs to you, Dyana, and special birthday scritches for the birthday girl, (and lots of scritches for Jackson, too).

Yo Ginger, I bakes you a cimmamum birthday cake!
    ~ Chef Rusty

Dyana likes this.
  18. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Tee hee did you tink it was goin to be happy bathday instead of happy birfday Ginger! Ize sure your mombean wouldn't do dat to you she be a great mombean. Dose presents were really just birfday presents not bribery to get you ready for water horrors! I hope you enjoys your new scratchy - Vyktor

Dyana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.