? Changing dose hours

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lalkabee, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lalkabee

Lalkabee Member

Hi,

I am working shifts and i wonder how to deal with not being able to give Bee's shot at regular hours. I am on day shift at the moment (leaving at 7:30 - back at 16:30) so i have no problem with her 7-19h shots. What should i do when i go on evening shift (leave at 15:30 - back at 00:30) ? I can go home for the shot at my 45 minutes dinner time but there is 2 different dinner time, depending of where i work that day. Take me maybe 15 min to come home and another 15 min to go back to work. It will be 17:30 to 18:15 (shot could be between 17:45 - 18:00) and the day after it could be 18:15 to 19:00 (shot could be between 18:30 - 18:45). I sometime work day and evening shifts in the same week. The insulin is Prozinc.

Edit: Bee had a vet visit last friday and there is no more ketones in her urine. Insuline was raised from 1u to 2u and the vet want me to change to 3u if no improvement. I also stopped mixing the recommended Purina DM wit FF. My vet is a bit of a bully and want me to stick with the DM till Bee is under control.

Thank you

Val

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Boy I dont know what to tell ya. sigh.
    I'm sure you will get great advice on this. I feel for ya.
    j

3. Lalkabee

Lalkabee Member

Thank you, i hope i am not the only hospital employee with a diabetic cat to work on shifts...I can't quit my job.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Well thats understandable. If you get no replies, I'm sure everyone is just busy. Try reposting this on the Prozinc board. Lots of eyes over there. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.