? Changing injection time

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Gill & Mac (UK), Sep 20, 2020.

1. Gill & Mac (UK)

Gill & Mac (UK) Member

Hi
    Mac is on Prozinc. His injection times at the moment at are 8.45 and 20.45 just because 8.45 was the time his first ever injection took place (that was caninsulin on 15th Aug at the vet's demo to us).
    When I stop working from home and go back into the office again (I don't have to just yet) we will need to change the times - probably to 7.00 & 19.00.
    I don't want to leave it to the last moment to make the change so wanted to find out in advance the best way to approach it so I can plan in as necessary ?
    Do you move it forward so many minutes each shot every day until you get to the time you want or do you move the morning and afternoon shots forward by the same amount so 8.30 & 20.30 then move both forward again the next day - or 2 days later, 3 days, a week ?
    Or can you just not give the 20.45 shot at all then do the one the next morning at 7.00 and then carry on from there on the new timings ? (the vet did say to us at the start that not to worry if we have to miss the occasional shot as it would not do Mac any damage. I can see that logically it will only be same as those times when I have had a fur shot so did not in effect give any insulin that shot time).

Thanks so much in advance for any guidance that you can give.
    Gill

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

I have done this a few times. Particularly with daylight savings time. I’ve adjusted each shot bu 15 minutes until I reached the time I wanted. Depending on how long you have till you need to reach your desired shoot time, maybe you can try that?

3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Prozinc is much more forgiving on dose adjustments, than lantus or levemir.
    1 hour time change is ok.

Or as you said, you can skip the insulin, pretend you did a "fur shot" and pick back up at your new desired time in the next cycle.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You can change it 30 min to an hour each cycle...

Gill & Mac (UK) likes this.