? Charlie AMPS 275, +6 253, PMPS 76!?? Help

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah & Charlie-cat, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Sarah & Charlie-cat

Sarah & Charlie-cat Member

AM preshot was 275 (8:30 central), +6 was 253 (2:30 pm), pred at 5:30 pm PMPS (8:15) 76!

This is day 6 I think of his pred dose reduction...We went from stable low-mid 100s to all over the place.

I tested myself right after and it read 109. Just in case.

No insulin given...He's eaten. His ear has been bleeding more lately, so I will try him again at 10:30 before bed... I was fully prepared to increase his dose tonight.

What on earth is going on here? Any ideas? Vet never called me back after I sent the spreadsheet.

Link to earlier thread this week... obviously not dose increasing!

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/charlie-amps-275-6-253-dose-increase.274070/

2. Kyle & Simon (GA)

Kyle & Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

I think bg can drop quickly after it is not being influenced by pred. This happened for Simon. I think you need to be extra cautious with insulin during and after the reduction phase. So glad you are able to reduce the pred!! :bighug:

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Can you get another test right now? How long since he ate?

4. Sarah & Charlie-cat

That has been what I was expecting this week and he was back up in the high 200-300s.

He ate about 45 minutes ago. Should I grab another test now or try again at 2 hours post food? He's hard to test. So I'm trying not to overdo it. The other night he absolutely refused to let me get a +3 on his PM shot. Sigh. But his ears are bleeding easier than they were when we started

5. Bandit's Mom

Does he get a treat after a test? That might help. Hang in there. Testing does get easier with time.
    If you can get a test now, that would be great. If his numbers are zooming after food, you can give the shot.

6. Sarah & Charlie-cat

He gets treats before, during, and after. He is very particular about how he's touched. I can't even brush him he just runs away.

7. Sarah & Charlie-cat

He is at 92 right now. An hour post food and 76

8. Bandit's Mom

If you're following SLGS, I would just skip the shot tonight. You could try a drop dose from tomorrow.

Please take off the 911 now? Thanks :)

9. Sarah & Charlie-cat

Yes? Thank you for the reassurance!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Sarah & Charlie-cat

He was at 306 this morning. He's like a yo-yo