Chloe: old timer update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris and Chloe, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I think often of all the sugar babies.

Chloe is slowing down a bit at 16, but is doing great. She hasn't been able to go OTJ, but has remained well regulated at less than .5 units. Hard to believe she was diagnosed in 2008!

For anyone new who is reading this post, I can't over emphasize the importance of home testing and knowing your cat. Chloe typically stays between 70 and 130 and has been on a little less than .5 units for a long, long time. About an hour ago, Chloe started acting like she does when she's low, so I tested her (at +3) and she was 28! She got some FF with gravy, and a couple of fingers of Karo syrup and was up to 66 15 minutes later. I have found that Karo syrup is the best at quickly bringing up numbers. I'll be reducing her dose and perhaps there's still a chance she can go a OTJ! Even old timers can throw you some curve balls!

I'm fostering another diabetic kitty, Cougar. She's on 1.5 units and stays pretty consistently around 300, with very little variation in bgs, until she takes a nose dive to the 30s. I haven't figured her out yet. I may be creating a SS for her so I can get others to give me their thoughts. :)

I hope all sugar babies are doing well. I'll make sure to visit more often!

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hi Chris. I'm so glad Chloe is doing so well :)
    I hope to see more about Cougar.

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Great to "hear" from an old timer! So glad Chloe is doing well.:cat:

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Chris! I did a double take when I saw your name. Happy to hear Chloe is doing so well!
    Good to hear from you and hope you'll come around more often!

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,
    Chole is awesome! Good luck with your new diabetic foster, Cougar. And kudos for taking him on. Hope to see you posting more often. The new software is excellent.

Ella & Rusty

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Chris :coffee::coffee::coffee:

WOO HOO! How awesome to have a Chloe condo. One has to love those curve balls that even our long term FD kitties throw us. It is great that she is well regulated.

I wish you much luck with Cougar. I agree with Ella, kudos for taking on another FD kitty. I have often thought of doing the same, may even still once my time frees up a bit. I will also thank you for taking me on years ago a while after the time when Mannie Dx'd as a sugar kitty. I owe you alot, for perseverance, and for not giving up on me. For those of you who may or may not remember, Chris and I worked for the same employer, and it was she that introduced me to the Board, and more than likely is a key factor in my having Mannie with me as long as I did after his Dx. Kudos! :joyful:

Great to see you here today!

7. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

Hi Chris!
    Welcome back. So nice to see Chloe doing so well! Cougar is a lucky foster kitty to have you and your knowledge of FD.
    This new software is good but it has a learning curve. I still can't figure out a lot and I have been back a month or so. A new SS will sure help Cougar I am sure.

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

hi Chris and Chloe! Wow, it's good to see you. Best of luck with Cougar. Just get back to the basics and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.