Cindi has lost her sweet Merlin.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sue and Oliver (GA), Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Ohhhh nooooooo so so sad

3. Mancat

Mancat Member

Rest in Peace beautiful Merlin.

4. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting this here, Sue - as this is where I first learned (just a little bit ago, in fact) that Cindi had lost her dear Merlin.:rb_icon:
    Went to the link you provided & wrote to Cindi there.

5. Lynn & Rupert

Lynn & Rupert Well-Known Member

Same here, I just saw this, so thank you Sue for posting this. I am so sad for Cindi, she loved her Merlin so much.

6. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Thanks Sue for posting this here.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Still just so very sad for you, Cindi. And so in awe of how much your Merlin was loved and the wonderful care you gave him. You must be so proud of that. :bighug:

Lynn & Rupert likes this.
  8. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so sorry...:bighug:

Merlin likes this.
  9. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Thank you all for all your continued support. The house sure isn't the same without Merlin. I continue to hear him meowing for more food throughout the day and sometimes I feel him laying on top of my chest while I am trying to type a message on my laptop. My other cats continue to be very quiet. The younger cat, Kitta, seems to be bouncing back to almost normal and her best friend, Slugger, is doing a little better. However, Taylor my daughter's Ragdoll, who used to get into fights with Kita and Slugger (they all would pick on each other) all the time, continues to be quiet and mostly stays in the bedroom all day. Merlin was the only one that she got along with. Merlin would be the one to get in between the others to stop the fight. I separated the cats when they ate (they all ate the same food) to ensure they would get their correct portion. I would trust Taylor to eat in the same room with Merlin because she would allow Merlin to finish his food and would not push him away like the others would. Merlin would closely watch over the other cats to make sure all is cohesive and would remind them if they were getting out of hand between each other. I don't miss all the testing, giving shots, worrying about Merlin's peeing, pooping, eating consumption and am now am sleeping in instead of getting up at 5am and going to bed early but I would continue to do all that if Merlin was back with us.

So thanks again everyone, you don't know how much you all have helped.

Sharon14 and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  10. Bobbie And Bubba

It sounds like the cats are somewhat lost without Merlin there. I can understand that you wouldn't miss all that goes with the DX of FD and that you would do it again if you had too. I can say the same. :bighug:

11. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Sounds like Merlin had control of things - I'm sad for Taylor though - poor sweetie! I too know how completely disorienting it is after a sick cat dies - life suddenly seems so simple. Merlin was such a special guy- I'm so happy he is visiting you, Cindi. I definitely had that experience before

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  12. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Oh, the other thing that Taylor has started to do the day that I brought Merlin home from the emergency vet is sleeping in the toy box. We have a box in the cat's bedroom where there is a bunch of little toys. The ONLY cat that would get in there and pull out a toy and carry it around was Merlin. None of the other cats wanted anything to do with that box. They would only play with a toy if I was to get it out and play with them. Taylor has never slept in there and is in there everyday. I feel bad for her because she was, in her own way, only attached to Merlin and the other cats don't like her and she doesn't care for them either. Alex got her from the humane society when she was two. I don't think she was "socialized" with other cats in her early years and she probably would prefer a home without cats. Oh well...

13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Poor Taylor, she is lost without Merlin. I hope she can find some happiness with the others in time.

Merlin likes this.
  14. Bobbie And Bubba

When I had to put my Sug to sleep, I was totally devastated. She was tied to my apron strings. When I got up in the middle of the night, she came to the bathroom with me (she slept at my right shoulder every night) and she did that all her life. When she was gone, the first 2-3 night, Bubba stepped up to accompany me to the bathroom like Sug did. It was so sweet and so tender on his part. But, he only gave me a few nights and then I was on my own. (typical male) He also moved into her sleep position at my right shoulder which he still does. Animals have empathy just like we do.

Merlin and Sharon14 like this.
  15. Carol & Murphy (GA)

that is so sweet

16. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Isn't it wonderfully sad how perceptive animals are? We think they don't notice anything but the food they eat and the best place to sleep, but they know so much more. I hope Taylor (and you, Cindy) adapt to a new world without Merlin. Sadder, lonelier but new and different.

Merlin and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.