Cindy at CSU for SRT Treatment

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Dragonnns, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Member

2. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Oh Cindy - we are soooo excited for you. And sooo great you are documenting everything. There's a doc I recently posted on facebook acro that I want to add here too - it's on catacro too - with info for SRT - and with your up to date info - I'm sure you will be able to help so many others!

Can't wait to hear how Cindy and you are doing!

3. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I hope all goes well for Cindy and I hope the snow storm today didn't put a damper on your travels.
    I look forward to seeing an update. :thumbup

4. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Member

Well... the last treatment was finished. She made it through four anesthesias in a row and her bean didn't fall completely apart!

I go back tomorrow for some discharge discussions but Cindy gets to stay in the hotel room and not have ANYONE poke her (except me of course!).

Whew!

5. scribbyy

scribbyy New Member

I also have a cat (Beau) who went to CSU for SRT treatment in November 2011. I'm interested in knowing how many days of actual radiation Cindy received as previous cats had apparently received 4 treatments but with Beau they decided to try doing 3 higher fraction treatments. He did have anesthesia for CT the first day and then 3 days of radiation treatments. To date he has not shown any improvement in his blood glucose readings but I am still hopeful that as time progresses this will improve.

6. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Member

Cindy received 3 days of radiation therapy. It is too soon to know for sure that things are improving but we are seeing behavioral changes for the better. I don't know if that is just because she's getting more insulin or if it is related to changes in the tumor. Regardless of the cause, I'm glad that she is more active and forceful and leaves the water bowl alone for at least half the day. :)

The last few days have been a bit odd with her insulin needs so we're watching her like a hawk. I'm assuming that there are some cats that just never got off insulin but of those that did, Dr. Lunn said that the cat with the shortest time to OTJ was 4 months and the longest was a year.

The follow-up for Dr. Lunn has been to do a fructosamine monthly, a T4 and CT scan in three months (two months away for us now). Her fructosamine was 500 prior to treatment and was 491 when tested two weeks ago. That amount of change is negligable but I'll take any positives I can get!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.