Cody 7/8/10 Lev day30

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Nancy and Cody, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Cody is up to 16u as of last night, and with each increase I keep hoping this will be the magic number.

Last week the runny nose he has had awhile, turned into a pretty ugly eye, and he had a little "food mishap" last week, both of which aren't helping.

Overall, I like levemir because it seems slow and gentle. Yesterday and today we seemed to get a little earlier action without dropping out the bottom. I think if I had increased any of his other insulins to 16u, I would have seen too low a nadir to continue increasing the doses, even though he might have needed it because the preshots got higher than ideal. I think Lev will give us a flatter lower curve throughout the day (soon? :smile: )

The whole thing still needs to come on down some more, but I trust we are getting there. And maybe his eye is looking better. I started L lysine about 46hrs ago, and it seems to help, but I am still nervous about giving new things. Last night I also switched to BNP ointment- hoping ....

Yesterday I stopped giving his 500-750mcg methocobalamin because I noticed Lactose in the ingredients. Lactose is "milk sugar" ahhhhh.

Well the house is gloriously quiet- DS and DD are at work, DH is out of town, so I thought I would squeeze in an update (in my PJs at 10:42a :D )

FYI - brother Tenderfoot is doing better than he has for a long while. I have eliminated all dry food because he is eating a good amount of canned "whatever" about 4x/day with only a little encouragement. He's getting fluids couple times/week and not throwing up like he did every morning anymore. (I feel like there may be a correlation to vomiting and dry food, although he usually vomited a bunch of water/hair) Jaundice is gone, hopefully fatty liver is gone.

Oh and I started everybody on a bit of a product called Pro-den which is suppose to help prevent plaque build up, because I don't want to have to go thru the stress of a dental at their ages. I think it may be helping... to be continued...

Hello to ALL! :cool:

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Come on, baby-boy! Give mama-bean some magic!

3. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Hello Nancy & Cody - I am still in my PJ's too :mrgreen: Thanks for the update. Think we will be switching to Levemir soon. Sure wish we all had a magic bullet for this.

Take care.
    Susan & Lanky

4. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

uh oh -- the hair/water vomit sounds very familiar to me...

Has Tenderfoot been tested for Hyperthyroid? Older cats can be in the normal range on regular bloodwork, but still have hyperthyroid - positive on the specific "T4 / Free T4" test.

My Buster has the hair/watery vomit thing going on even with treatment - he gets Tapazole every day.

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

This is what is frustrating when trying to hit on a good dose. I find myself using more R in this stage (when the high in the cycle is higher than I like) to try to fend off those higher numbers.

6. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Starting last fall I had TF tested several times, but i don't know what kind of test they did, but it was supposedly neg. Anyway he rarely throws up anymore. If it starts up again i'll remember to ask for the specific test.

Well today Cody had a really good day- hope he doesn't bounce, or lose ground again.

And BIG DAY!- My dd gave the pm shot- getting ready for a 3 day moma get away next weekend. For 3 yrs I have been the keeper of the syringe, except for the occasional vet tech sitter, its been me. Poor girl got the DETAILED routine, makes me laugh when I think how they "instructed" me at the vet 3 yrs ago. " Heres the syringe, heres the target,1u, good luck..." wow we've come a long way. She's starting nursing school in Aug, and I doubt she'll have a meaner instructor than me :twisted:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.