Cole Dosing Help AGain for Am

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by beene5052, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Me again. Cole's numbers went from 195AmPS to 376 PMPS. With a 308Bg at peak or +6. These values are high. Is it due to a bounce from NS yesterday am or do we need to adjust dose? Thanks. I know I'm a pain!

2. beene5052

beene5052 Member

We also just did +2 and he was 369 BG?

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm just seeing now and your SS shows a 1 unit dose last night. Leave him there for another cycle or two - he's bouncing from the blues earlier and that inflates the BG.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Stay at one. Any chance you can do a curve today or tomorrow?

5. JanetNJ

You are not letting him eat 2 hours prior to the preshot test, right? Are you feeding hills wet or dry food? Dry food stays in the system longer.

6. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Hi Janet! No food 2 hours prior to PS. Feeding a mixture of Hill m/d and Hounds and Gatos rabbit low carb food now. Must change in signature. Just started new food yesterday. Going to vet Monday to get him on Lantus. Shouldn't this be easier insulin to start with instead of Humulin N? Also do u think we still need to do curve tomorrow if changing insulin? Thank you for your help!

7. beene5052

beene5052 Member

He has food down all thru night but rarely eats it. He won't eat his kibble much anymore since introducing him to wet. Trying to transition to low carb novel protien wet because of IBS. He overall isn't eating as much as before diagnosis.

8. JanetNJ

If you are changing insulins tomorrow, then I wouldn't bother with a curve. Hopefully you will get better results from the Lantus.

9. beene5052

beene5052 Member

We do too!

10. beene5052

beene5052 Member

While I have you on the "line" (ha)! What should u do when a diabetic cat throws up? Cole hasn't yet but just in case.?

11. JanetNJ

You mean like just before a shot? Id probably wait a little while and offer food again. I personally haven't had that happen

12. beene5052

beene5052 Member

We just tested at +6 and he was 84BG! I don't know what is going on! He is free feeding. Should we be doing that?!

13. JanetNJ

Wow great numbers today! Yes you can feed whenever except for two hours prior to the preshot test.

14. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Thank you for helping us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.