Constant high numbers

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by ElizabethEllingson, Nov 11, 2019.

1. ElizabethEllingson

ElizabethEllingson New Member

On my Relion my sugar kitties numbers range from 330-590. I changed to an all wet, friskies pate, diet and he gets 2u prozinc every 12hrs. Is this normal?

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

3. ElizabethEllingson

ElizabethEllingson New Member

Thank you! I'll start reading. I haven't done a spreadsheet because I only test 2-4x a day. It has also only been a month since diagnosis and starting insulin.

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB. So sorry you need us but glad you found us.

You are still very early in the process of getting your kitty regulated. The readings you've indicated are still high and that can be totally normal for this point in time but without seeing the pattern of those readings, it's impossible for anyone to give you much feedback.

Many people here only test 4 times a day and keeping track of those readings in a visual way on the spreadsheet we have here. It's a wonderful way to be able to see patterns of what's going on. We are very data oriented here because without it, we really can't offer much in the way of suggestions as to what might be going on with your kitty. If you need assistance to set up the spreadsheet, let us know and we can set it up for you.

Changing diet can make a big difference for some cats but for others it may make a dramatic difference. Every cat is different.

It would also be helpful if you could set up a signature (the light grey text at the bottom of our messages) providing information to help us help you. To set up a signature, hover your mouse over your user name and click on Signature in the left menu column. This opens a text box into which you can type your information. It should include your kitty's name, sex, age, weight, date of diagnosis, type of insulin, type of glucometer you use (human or pet), diet, any other health concerns. It's also helpful to include your name or how you'd like to be addressed, and your general location or time zone. Setting this up, will make necessary info readily available to anyone helping you without having to search back through prior posts. Without it we'll be driving you crazy asking the same questions over and over.;)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

It can take awhile to get some cats regulated. Just ask my Mia. :cat: Please get the spreadsheet and signature set up, and let's figure out what's going on with your baby.