Could I please get confirmation re how much insulin (syringe pic inside)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Natasha2001, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natasha2001

Natasha2001 Member

So my cat gets 3iu of catsulin twice a day.

I was originally using a 1ml syringe
    I just got 0.5ml syringe

Hoping someone could confirm that I am drawing correctly if I draw to the places in the attached picture.thank you so much!

Attached Files:

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Neither of your syringes have half-unit markings, correct? I can't see the numbers to tell for sure, but it looks like full-unit markings only. I'm a little afraid to verify your measurements without seeing the numbers, though, as I haven't used the U-40 syringes myself.

I'm also a little confused because it seems like the the 0.5ml syringe has a thicker barrel than the 1.0ml syringe, but I guess it's also shorter and has a shorter marked region? But then the markings are also farther apart, so that there appears to be a greater volume for each tick mark?

Hopefully someone who is more familiar with these syringes will answer, but maybe another picture showing another angle on these syringes would help?

Natasha2001 likes this.
  3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

You have to look at the inside diameter. The 1ml syringe has a larger inside diameter. Both have unit markings you can count the number of marking and get 20 for the 0.5ml one and 40 for the 1ml one. Both syringes are drawn up to a little more than the 3 unit marking.

4. Natasha2001

Natasha2001 Member

thank you for confirming, that's a relief! I

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  5. Natasha2001

Natasha2001 Member

thanks so much for your help. I only just checked back now. Thank you for explaining what I need to consider when looking at them :)

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.