Crystal came home today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by suki & crystal (GA), Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Today we collected Crystal's ashes from the vet, a few days overdue as I have been battling a severe case of gastroenteritis and have spent most of the last week in bed or in the bathroom. I'm still no better and feel physically and mentally at my lowest. We managed a very quick trip into town as it was worrying me to have her waiting for me to bring her home where she belongs. She is now next to my bedside table, so close yet so far away. It's been nearly three weeks since she crossed and it seems as if a light went out in my life when she left. I pray she is happy and content with all our beloved GAs at the Bridge.

After leaving the vets we had to pop into the bank and next door there is a new jewellers that has recently opened. Out of curiosity I looked in the window and saw the most beautiful bracelet, in all the graduated colours of a rainbow, looking back at me. The significance of the colours and that it was made from Swarovski crystals was not lost on me, it was if she guided me to it. Unfortunately they were closed for lunch, typically French, so John is going back into town in the week to buy it for me in memory of my beloved Crystal. I'll post a picture when I get it. I am still wearing her namesake crystal heart pendant, close to my heart, as she is forever.

I haven't been posting much lately but hold you all in my thoughts and prayers. Sending healing vines to all those who need them.

Suki x

Crystal 2.jpg

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I remember when Tiffany was brought back to me. It was so hard. I've been thinking about you and hope soon that horrible sadness will fade and tge wonderful memories will take over. :bighug:

3. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Welcome home Crystal. Forever in your mom & dad's hearts, as well as your friends here... and together with so many of our special babies at the bridge.

What a lovely find - and she pointed you right to it. Peace my dear friend.

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I hope the light in your life starts to slowly flicker now that Crystal is home. Always keeping you in my thoughts and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So glad Crystal sent you a sign from the rainbow bridge in the form of a beautiful crystal rainbow bracelet. Hope you feel better soon Suki. So awful to be sick on top of everything else.
    Hugs and Prayers to you and DH.

sarahtee and suki & crystal (GA) like this.
  6. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Suki Crystal made the final leg of the journey today! Hope having her ashes at home helps you to heal! She was absolutely beautiful! The bracelet sounds perfect!

suki & crystal (GA) likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Crystal is back home with you. I hope that brings you some comfort. That is wonderful about the bracelet. I hope you feel better soon. Sending prayers and hugs as you remember your sweet Crystal. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so glad you have Crystal back home with you again.
    I'm sure the rainbow bracelet is a sign from Crystal.
    I hope you start to feel better soon.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

{{hugs}}

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Suki)))), Your beloved Crystal is home. She is always home in your heart. Crystal chose a wonderful sign to tell you how much she loves you and that she is safe at the Bridge. :rb_icon: We hope that you are feeling better already.

Lots of hugs,

Ella & Rusty

11. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Beautiful Crystal.... She is home where she always wanted to be ..... with you:bighug:

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Together again in every sense of the word. Hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

What a beautiful pic of crystal, she is home now close to those that love her.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Wonderful picture of Crystal! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

((((((Suki))))) I was very worried about you, the stress of what you have been through can easily cause all kinds of illness;gastro included. I am sending my strongest healing vines. Please take care and be gentle on yourself Suki :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:I remember going to pick up the ashes was almost as painful as the whole pts experience; please know you have been in my thoughts and prayers.

I absolutely believe that Swarovski Crystal bracelet was indeed a sign from Crystal herself- maybe John should call the shop to reserve one, just in case. Hugs and prayers for you and John and scritches to the fur crew.

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Welcome home Crystal. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Please give your bean a sign you are doing well at the bridge - though I think that Crystal bracelet is a pretty good hint.

Vines to you Suki.

16. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Suki}}}

I agree that the bracelet was the sign from Crystal that she's safe at the Bridge and watching over you. Your John is a very wonderful DH to understand and to go buy it for you.

I know how hard it was for you to pick up Crystal's ashes. Cinco comes home Tuesday and I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it. I remember too well how it felt when my girls came back to me. It's like ripping the bandage off the wound before it's healed.

I do think the stress of Crystal's last weeks, and then her crossing, took so much out of you. It's no wonder you got sick. Sending you very strong healing vines and lots and lots of prayers and :bighug::bighug::bighug:s.

17. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so pleased that Crystal sent you a sign, and I can't wait to see the bracelet. I hope it's helping you to have her ashes at home with you :bighug:

18. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I'm glad that Crystal is back home with you. What a lovely and unmistakable sign she sent you! I hope it will help to bring you some peace and healing. Please take care of yourself, I hope you are recovering well from the gastroenteritis. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

I hope having Crystal's ashes with you brings you a bit of peace. Many vines for healing your illness. I'm sure stress is a great contributor if not the cause. Take care of yourself and may better days be ahead.

20. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

(((SUKI)))

It is good that you have your Crystal home with you. Her spirit will always be there and in your heart. I hope the crystal bracelet is still there when you hubby goes back...it sounds like it is a sign from your beloved Crystal.

:bighug: :bighug:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It is so bittersweet to have your kitty back home with you. It may help to remember she is never far.

"Cats never completely leave you. They side step time, shrug off death - come at the call of memory their beauty undiminished, their touch as gentle, their love perpetual."

22. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

23. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you all dear friends for your kind thoughts, hugs and prayers for both of us. Unfortunately most of you have also suffered the loss of a beloved kitty yourself so you understand the pain. There is something extra special about our relationships with our sugar cats, whether it's the bond of love and trust that builds up through constant care, but it just makes it doubly hard to let them go. But never forgotten.

Hugs to you all, and your beloved kitties. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Suki

sarahtee and Grayson & Lu like this.
  24. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

We understand. I'm glad you've got her home, but am so sad for your loss still.

I love the idea of the rainbow bracelet. I hope it will bring you comfort - perhaps she meant for you to see it. A million hugs back at you.

25. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Suki, :bighug:

Full circle now for your girl. I am glad she is home, next to you, where she belongs. That is wonderful. Hugs to you, and your family.

How wonderful too on the bracelet. That was meant to be. Crystal's way of letting you know that all is well for her, she is happy content, and misses you as much as you do her. They always manage to let us know.

26. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

(((Suki)))

I hope you are over the gastro soon, and I love the idea of the rainbow bracelet - it's so fitting.

27. marniepaul & miles

marniepaul & miles Member

I hope you feel better soon, and every time you look at the bracelet, you will be reminded of your precious sugarcat. She was truly a beauty. I am sorry for your loss.

28. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Suki))))

I’m so sorry to just see this now. What a beautiful, beautiful photo of sweet Crystal. I know the bracelet and necklace will always have a very special significance for you. I do believe she was sending you a sign both times....when you found her you were wearing the necklace and when you went to pick her up, you found the new bracelet.

It is a relief when they are back home but also another moment of devastation. While I have Gracie’s urn on my nightstand, I can barely stand to look at it and think she is gone. But I can’t move it away from me either. What makes me feel closest to her is her pictures, videos, her pink blankie, and her paw print. I still sleep with the latter two.

I am so very sorry you have been ill and I send you many, many healing vines and prayers, my dear friend. I think of you often and I know every day is hard but today is very hard.....four weeks. I hold you so very close in my heart.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.