? ** Curve done** Dosing advice needed, AMPS is due in 10 hrs.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mariaana and Milo, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Mariaana and Milo

Mariaana and Milo Member

Hi again,
    Milo's nadir was 142 mg/dL in the recent cycle. Advised to Increase from 2.25 Units to 2.5 Units in the previous curve on April 1;st.
    The last 2-3 days his appetite is lacking a bit. Will still eat but definitely not as much and leaves
    food in his dish; ~ 3 days ago he vomited (only once )some of his dinner at PMPS about one hour after his meal. He is using his box peeing and pooping ok.(.he had 2 ear infections back to back about a month and a half ago,and was treated.) and felt better after the second antibiotic.
    I am thinking he have some nausea and perhaps another infection somewhere..? A call to The Vet tomorrow if he is not improving...
    He seem otherwise perky and even playful at times ~ It sure is confusing!~
    To add to this dilemma i am scheduled for day surgery on April 13th,so is now adjusting his dosing time's
    so he can have his insulin before i am leaving.
    If your advice is to increase to 2.75 Units again (His highest dose to date) i am a bit worried that he
    will dip lower and therefore need to be monitored more closely with testing (He dropped before on this dose)
    Surgery is on my arm and there will be some recovery time for sure. I am kind of hoping that we can maintain the 2.5 Units for another cycle.? It would make life 'easier' for this cat mom for a few days!
    Thanks if you managed to read this far!If you read this far,we thank you!
    Mariaana and Milo.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

There is room for an increase. However if you are going to have surgery in the next few days I would stay at the current dose until you feel able to monitor more closely.
    If you think he is nauseated and his appetite is down, I would talk to the vet before your surgery about that.

Mariaana and Milo likes this.
  3. Mariaana and Milo

Mariaana and Milo Member

Hi Bron,
    Thanks for responding and for the support.I will call the vet in the morning.
    Milo just scarfed down another half can of FF Pate' and i am happy about that!
    I am maintaining his 2.5 Units for a week or so.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the surgery!

Mariaana and Milo likes this.