Decrease evening dose with +4 60?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Dianamcc, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Dianamcc

Dianamcc New Member

Thanks so much for all of the help yesterday. I had already given her PM shot before I saw the posted advice last night. I did give her 2U again with her evening shot.

Her numbers were up again this AMPS so I gave her 2U. I just ran a +4 glucose on her and it came up 60. I ran another and it was 55. I'm ready to drop her dose down. This is to close for comfort.

My vet still wanted me to continue the 2U when I talked with the office yesterday. She wants me to call her tomorrow and discuss the numbers. I really think I need to cut that dose down this evening, should have listened and did it this AM!

Is the feeling still that I need to drop all the way back to the 1U or somewhere in between?

Thankful for finding this board and all the knowledge being offered to get me though this learning experience.

Diana

2. Dianamcc

Dianamcc New Member

Forgot to add I got her spreadsheet up and running.

Diana

3. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Hi Diana,

Your spreadsheet does not say what protocol you are following, but given you and marshmallow is somewhat new to this, I would think is a good idea to follow SLGS. You can read through the protocols her: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/prozinc-dosing-methods.225629/

If decide SLGS is best for you, Marshmallow is due for a reduction. As per the protocol:
    "If kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L) decrease the dose by 0.25 unit immediately."