deleted.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by apollonia-artemisia, Nov 26, 2022.

1. apollonia-artemisia

apollonia-artemisia Member

deleted.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I just saw this message this morning (the original message) on my phone prior to its being deleted. I am on US Eastern time and I believe this message was sent after I went to bed last night. I am sorry you've had trouble reaching people to get help. Bounces can last for quite a few cycles for some cats. It may be that these high numbers are related to a bounce -- and then you also had the recent reduction playing into everything. If it were my kitty, I would hold the .25 for one week (total of 14 cycles) and then I would reevaluate to see if it's time to go back up to .5 units. This would be according to SLGS protocol. I understand how HARD it is to see our furbabies in these crummy numbers.

apollonia-artemisia likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Also, I have a question. Your signature says that your reduction point is 75. While you came close to 75 with that string of greens recently, the lowest BG reading I see is 78.

4. apollonia-artemisia

apollonia-artemisia Member

That is due to his glucose dropping 80 points to reach 78 in only two hours, and would have plummeted further if he didn't receive food when he did. He would have sank well below 75, possibly even below 50 if he reached peak with no additional food. When I fell asleep around the +5 mark, I think he may have dropped again, causing the sudden increase at +6. He did not receive high carb food, he received just an additional portion of his normal low carb food, in the form of half cans at +2 and +4. A potential sudden drop is why I think he suddenly went up to the mid 300s.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes, any time they either drop quite rapidly (like, say, 100 points in an hour - and 80 in this case) or drop into numbers that their bodies perceive as a threat (which can even be a yellow number, for example, or a blue number —it doesn’t have to be a green) then a bounce can be triggered.

apollonia-artemisia likes this.