Denise's Oreo- AMPS+8~259

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Denise & Oreo (GA), Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denise & Oreo (GA)

Denise & Oreo (GA) Member

Hi Everyone. It's been awhile again. This is a busy year for me, so not getting on board too often. I miss keeping up with all the kitties.

Oreo went for his 2yr check up since DX. He is doing well. Is back to his normal weight of a bit over 12 lbs. They didn't do bloodwork, but didn't see a need to. New Vet was extremely impressed with the SS that I brought. She says she has never seen one like it. However, she frowned a bit over how many times he is tested. I explained that Oreo can be in the 200's one test and an hour later be in the low double digits with no signs of it. She seemed better after that. She asked if we were using DM. I told her Fancy Feast. I explained how we can sometimes carb manipulate to keep his numbers steady. She was really interested where I learned so much. I proudly told her about this board and all the people here who saved Oreo's life. :) Two years and our sweet Oreo seems like any other perfectly healthy cat. I am so grateful to you all. I know he wouldn't be here without all the support and advice I have received over the past 2 yrs

Anyway, I think I'm going to raise Oreo's insulin a bit. He seems to be stuck in yellow and blue lately. But he has also had quite a lot of low blue at night that may go to green during the night. So I am going to give him a few days and see what he does. But we have been at 1.75f for awhile now. I think we are stalling a bit and need a little kick start. What do you guys think?

A HUGE thanks for helping me to keep Oreo here with us 2yrs later. It's so nice to know there are people here to turn to, even now. :D

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: Denise's Oreo- AMPS+8~259 - dose check pls.

Hi Denise,

I am with you that the help on this board is absolutely amazing and I am very grateful to have found it too!

Glad to hear that Oreo's vetvisit went well.

Can't really comment on the dosecrease.... but will gladly add a note to the subject line for it.

Enjoy your evening!

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hello Denise and Oreo

What a cutie kitty he is!
    It's nice to see people coming back to post again, I hope we see u often.

Let's see if any of the o:) are around tonite to help you with the concern u have.

I do agree this board has done wonderful things to our kitties and to the beans.

:)

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Denise!!!! Good to see ya!!!! Happy 2 years!

I know what you mean about the vet visit. I've had all three of mine in for checkups in the last month, and it was a shock to me when I realized that of the three of them, Lucy is now my healthy kitty! There is not a thing "wrong" with her, and you know how sick she once was. It is all because of this place. :YMHUG:

I do think Oreo is probably going green sometimes at night, but I also think he has room for a little increase if you want to do one. No big bounces or anything that would indicate he is going TOO low, if you know what I mean. Just my opinion, of course. :smile:

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Hi Denise,
    It's good to see you, and hear that Oreo is doing so well. Good luck with the increase, if you decide to go for it!

6. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi ((Denise))!

So nice to hear from you.. What a great two year check up for Oreo! And just checked out your SS.. Beautiful!
    I don't know what I would do without the J Team and all the peeps here too.. They have truly made Pepper the healthy kitty that he is today.

I hope all is well with you and your family! We have missed you..
    Give Oreo a scritch from us.. :D

7. Denise & Oreo (GA)

Denise & Oreo (GA) Member

Thanks for all the warm thoughts and welcome back words. I really miss being here all the time like I used to. Going to school, along with work, this year, and ill parents have made it really difficult. But I'm never too far away in thought. I love this place and the people here.

I will dosecrease a bit to 2.0s on Tuesday when DH is around to monitor. I had a feeling it was looking like we stalled. Thanks for your opinions. ;-) They are always appreciated. :D

8. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Denise.....I have missed you guys.
    It sounds like you have a lot going on and a very busy schedule.
    Nice report on Oreo. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.