Dental Rinse

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Glassgoblin, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glassgoblin

Glassgoblin Member

I am trying to be more proactive about Jaxa's dental health, so recently got some little cat toothbrushes and finger toothbrushes for her. One of the suggests was a dental rinse also; TropiClean Fresh Breath Water Additive. The ingredients are fairly simple (Purified Water, Citric Acid, Cytlpyridinium, Chlorophylin, Glycerine, Potassium Sorbate, Green Tea Extract.) The glycerine concerns me; there seems to be a lot of debate over it when it comes to sugars, carbs and diabetes.

Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I don't have experience with that one. I had one that none of me kitties liked. Olive just had her dental. One of the products they sent home with me is Pet Essential healthy mouth in the jug. It's added to the water. So far 3 of the cats are drinking it. It has not made a change in Olive's glucose. It comes in different sizes. You can mix large batch, refrigerate it. You use 5 cc. (1tsp) per quart so the 8 oz bottle will last. Shelf life is 24 months. Now if it helps or not, don't know yet.

https://www.healthymouth.com/Articles.asp?ID=307

Glassgoblin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.