Hi, I previously belonged to this forum but unfortunately lost my login details and email address. Around 2 years ago, my cat Tinkerbell had ketoacidosis and diabetes and this forum was a lot of help. The diabetes is under control but Tinkerbell has just been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid. We got medication from the vets and unfortunately her eye swelled and she had an allergic reaction. The vet told us that if she is allergic to this medication, she will be allergic to all the overactive thyroid medications. The vet gave us 3 options: the first being we change to their iodine free but DRY food which I’m not keen to do because after everybody’s help on this forum, I don’t give her any dry food. It will also mean she can’t even have anything else, any wet food, a scrap of chicken or fish. The second option is radioactive treatment but she has to go on a long car journey (she pants usually when she goes on a long journey so I avoid this now). And has to stay there a week. This we were told costs around £2000. There could be all sorts of dangers to the treatment too, I suppose? I haven’t researched it yet. The third the vet says she doesn’t recommend but is an operation. has anyone had similar or can give any advice please? ive seen there is a food that’s low in iodine on zooplus which could maybe be a possibility I’m thinking.