Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Goose, Mar 22, 2020.
Do Daa's PZ Dosing Thread4
The above link goes to the thread before this one.
33 @ pmps +4.
pmps +4 @ 33, given lots of gravy FF , 61 @ +4.5 more gravy, +5 more gravy, +6 Temps (5) and .2ml of syrup. End result was 87 early am. He was high all day today, bouncing from such low numbers, I believe.
Reduced insulin to 4.25u this am.
This is so weird. I did a post here yesterday advising you reduce and even though I hit “post reply”, it didn’t. I’m really glad you reduced.
With the day you had today, if you hadn’t reduced, the BG would have been lower. Good job shooting but the AMPS should be green not blue.
Hit a 34 at +5 this am....
Long AM, with a Reduction to 4u at amps. More remarks in the SS.
3/28 he hit a 48 at pmps +5 with 4u.
Reduced to 3.75u 3/29 at amps.
Glad you reduced. I see you increased to 4u. I understand you saw the 114 and assumed the bounce had cleared and he wasn’t green so went back up.
That's fine as long as you monitor closely to catch a low.
Didn't see him start to get into good numbers until today, being blue all day including a 185 at pmps; which means he's likely to be lower after +4 when the insulin starts working. He seems to like 4u atm.
Good! You might find with flat blue that green is coming up.
I just wish that the greens would make themselves known at a time that's not 1am-4am tho. We try and manage as best we can, while still actually getting some sleep.
Well, I know but then he wouldn’t be a cat
Sorry I haven’t checked in but your boy can use more insulin. I’d take the dose back up to 4.25u if it were me.
I hope all is well there.
Everyone here is ok.
He is going to have an increase starting Saturday morning of 4.25u. It's been a little crazy lately and we were waiting for the weekend to increase, plus I had to get another (#5) bottle of Prozinc. With the long lines at the grocery stores we were also a little hesitant to raise the insulin and be away too long and have Da not monitored. There's a method to the madness.
We had a larger than expected Spring snow storm (heavy wet snow, the worst kind) and power has been out for 200k people for 1.5 days so far. Yes, as I've mentioned before, we have a whole house generator.. luckily.
Very wise decisions but I know you know enough now to know when it’s appropriate. Glad you got that generator! Goodness...that’s a lot of snow. I hope the power comes back on soon.
stay safe. Good luck with the dose increase.
He had a black today, first since February.
Thank you and You Stay Safe as well.
A curve of Blues and some Greens with 4.25u. We'll see what it does this time for 3-4 days again....
That black sure looked like the high before the break from a bounce from the blue.
He’s definitely looking better in 4.25u but I know it has been up and down around this dose so he might have some tricks up his sleeve!
I'd love for him to settle on a dose!
I’d be rich if I had a dime for every time I’ve heard or said that!
Just looking at Daa’s SS and that cycle today looks ”interesting”.
Honestly, it looks to me like something is at play here like loss of duration. Bounces don’t usually go that high, that fast. But loss of duration does. So you might need to be alert tonight and tomorrow.
Ok, thank you for looking at the SS. He didn't have much to eat between the last test and pmps.
We'll see what he's at at +4.
Black at pmps and +4, however mostly yellows today.
Well.....looks like he lost duration and then decided to bounce on top of it. Hope you get better numbers soon!
Hope for better numbers also. It was weird to have 2 blacks out of the blue and then back to yellows...
Reduced him to 4u because of the 56 on 4/17 at pmps +4 ... since his reduction point is 60.
We'll try this until Monday to see if the dose is ok or not.
You’ve been at this a while now and have a pretty good feel for when you should test and what you should feed him. IMHO, it’s time you move him to a reduction point of below 50 so you can let him stay at a better dose longer.
And just an observation and not a criticism but you are starting to see black again because he’s dropping so fast before you test to be able to control the drop. I hate to see that black back
So should the new Reduction point be 50, or 49 or.. what is your suggestion and we'll start implementing that asap. It's no issue to leave him at 4.25u for extended lengths of time, in fact, I'd prefer to kind of settle on a dosage at least for a while. I'm not liking the black either.
Yes, going forward I’d use one drop below 50 as the reduction point. Let’s see how he does on 4u after he clears the bounce. Hopefully, he will do better this time around.
Ok. Thank you for your assistance!
Used up the last of bottle #4. We are going to keep it at 4u for a couple more days to see how much of a difference a new bottle makes at the same dosage.
I understand but I wouldn’t let it go too long on the new bottle if you don’t start seeing green. In other words....maybe a couple cycles max and then if no green, I’d increase.
My thoughts exactly. Then an increase to 4.25u.
Perfect. Let’s hope the new bottle lets him see some green on 4u.
Green would be nice so would some blue.
Glad you raised the dose but he’s such a diver! Good this dose gets him to green.
He does seem to like to dive at times. Hope that 4.25u will get him back to better numbers.
Hey there you are! Sorry I missed you last night.
IMHO, our little buddy needs more insulin (0.25u). He’s been at this dose a while and he’s not getting into green. However, I will leave the decision to you and whether you feel more comfortable with these numbers. Just remember the pancreas isn’t healing unless his BG is between 50-100.
He hit Greens today just for a few hours but still...
The Greens today brought to you by.... food management he likes. The consistency he really likes is more akin to juicy pudding. Each time he gets the wet food, additional water is added. This has greatly improved his desire to eat it.
He tends to plow through the wet food, per sitting, much faster this way. He ate almost a full can yesterday in 12 hours and almost an entire can in the same 12 hour period today. A feat we never thought possible considering he was on dry food for 11+ of his 12 years. He does still get his crunchy Clean Protein overnight.
We'll wait another day to see if we can replicate these numbers and then, if not, increase to 4.5u. Although the Blues he's in currently are more manageable for us.
Well of course he got into green because that is the long-standing tradition here that if an experienced member suggests a dose increase, the numbers come down. Ask anyone I would hold the 4.25u dose until he gets through the pending bounce. Hate to sound negative but he’s got a pattern. So give him a bit of time and if he’s not into green again when he clears it, then we can talk about an increase.
Great news on his eating!!!
Figures, doesn't it!
Ok, we'll hold on to 4.25u for a while longer. Thanks for posting, it's appreciated!
Bounce cleared! He got close to green. Want to see how he does at this dose after a couple more cycles?
I'm surprised it cleared as fast as it did, only a short time. I think we'll stay here for a while longer as the numbers are good for us.
As you mentioned before, he'd be better off between 50-100 for him to start healing better. If he stays where he is, in the blues, it will just take longer to heal or?
Separate names with a comma.