? Do I increase dose?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harold Kunzli, Sep 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

Hi everyone. This is my first post so excuse me if this isn't the correct thread. (I also posted in the Prozinc forum) My boy is currently on 2.5 units of Prozinc, I just did a curve today but I am unsure if I should increase Sunday (tomorrow) or hold off. Generally I work Monday - Friday so am not home to monitor him and am worried with an increase he will go to low. I do have Wednesday off this week and thought I could increase Tuesday night and monitor and do a curve Wednesday. If I do increase, would I want to increase 0.25 or would 0.5 be fine? How do you do that without a marking?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vuz6SmPkoGbb1JuAwqe9s4a0drY/edit?usp=drivesdk

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I wouols increase to 1.75.
    Looking at your SS i noted that you decreased from 2.5 before but to me the SS numbers did not support a decrease. Why did you decrease from 2.5 units before?

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It looks like Janet responded in the Prozinc forum and suggested a 0.25u increase, as well.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Yes 2.75. The numbers aren't bad at all but we want the lowest down a bit. Good luck. :)

5. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

I decreased a few days this week because he had to get his shot earlier then 12 hrs and his amps was lower then normal. I leave for work right after am shot so I thought it would be safer to decrease!

I have increased his dose to 2.75 this morning and will continue that. I am going to do another curve on Wednesday and see how things are looking.
    I'm happy to start seeing the lower numbers but it also making me very anxious about how much he his home alone.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Do you have an auto feeder so you can set it for certain times to open when you are at work, add some water to his wet food all the time

7. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

I haven't been able to afford one yet unfortunately, I do however leave out 2 cans mixed with water and he eats it while I am gone. He doesn't seem overly hungry when I get home either.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.