Do I Shoot?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by LovingOpie, Jun 7, 2023.

1. LovingOpie

LovingOpie Member

Opie is at 188 and it is PMPS time. Do I shoot or not?

2. LovingOpie

LovingOpie Member

it's ok. . . his numbers went up to 225 and I shot but a little less.

3. G.M.

G.M. New Member

I have read on here that you test, feed, shoot based on the test reading, is that still correct?

4. G.M.

G.M. New Member

Is there a formula for deciding how much insulin to give your kitty based on the test reading? I also have to take into account how much she eats because she doesn’t eat well a lot of the time, so it has been a guessing game of sorts.

5. LovingOpie

LovingOpie Member

Although I have been at this for some time, I do not feel qualified to answer your questions. I have notified @Suzanne & Darcy and hope you will get some response that will help you.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Please remove the 911 from the title of this thread.

7. Suzanne & Darcy

We save the 911 tag for hypos. We use the ? To get extra eyes on your question.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Have you posted here for help before? What kind of insulin are you using? That makes a big difference. We need to get you set up to get help. Can you make a post telling us a little about your cat and when he/she was diagnosed and what insulin you are using and if you are home testing and stuff like that. @Diane Tyler's Mom We really love to help people with their diabetic kitties.

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@G.M. If you can give us the information , we can help you
    Here is a link helping us to help you link. If you noticed, our members have some basic information about their cat's in their signature. This helps us to not pester you by asking the same questions (your cat's name, insulin type, date of diagnosis, etc.) repeatedly. We also have a link to our spreadsheet in our signature. We are very numbers driven. The spreadsheet is a record of your cat's progress. By linking it in your signature, we can follow along and provide feedback should you need the help.

You can tap on your name above then tap in signature and add all the information that is asked in the blue link Helping us to help you ,then tap save

I'm going to tag one of our members to help you with the spreadsheet
    her name is Bhooma
    @Bandit's Mom

@Suzanne & Darcy is this what you wanted me to give to G.M.?

Here is the instructions on how to set up our spreadsheet if you want to give it a try and it will also explain how the spreadsheet works
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/how-to-create-a-spreadsheet.241706/

I think it would be best if you started your own post it might be confusing posting on LovingOpie's post :cat:

Here is your previous post
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/complicated-case.277204/

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    Suzanne & Darcy and LovingOpie like this.