Doggo diabetes help

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Jul 8, 2021.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello all from me and Gremlin! We hope you're all well.

One of my closest friends just received a diabetes diagnosis for her beautiful pupper and I'm hoping someone on here may know of some AMAZING resources for sugar dogs like what we have here on the FDMB.

I would be super appreciative of any help!

Thanks in advance x

2. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hi Laura and Gremlin!

@Suzanne Burton, if she is around, could tell you about the Facebook group where she was (or is) a moderator - CDSI (Canine Diabetes and Support Information). She knew lots about canine diabetes (her own pup, Tucker, had diabetes) before her kitty was diagnosed with FD.
    (I can't check for you since I don't participate in Facebook.) And Suzanne hasn't logged anything in her SS since March. Hope she's ok:bighug:

I remember she said (in her profile also) the only things in common between cats and dogs was they both needed insulin and BG testing!

Pamela & Amethyst likes this.
  3. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Thank you so much Jan! I will have an investigate on Facebook and send my friend there.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Laura! Where have you been? I have been worried about you and Gremlin. I was also afraid that maybe your chronic fatigue was just really bad right now. I have been thinking about you a lot. I was so happy to see a post from you!

5. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Hi Suzanne, I'm so sorry! I tend to drop off for periods of time when life gets hectic or I get distracted.
    I've recently been diagnosed with Essential Tremor which is messing with the chronic fatigue too so life has been a little interesting... And very frustrating! But nothing serious.
    I usually keep Grem's spreadsheet mostly up to date if you ever want to check in and see I'm still active :joyful: or send me a message and say come back!
    Thank you so much for thinking of me and coming to say hi! How are you and Darcy?

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your friend's dog. I hope you can find the Facebook group. Sorry about your Essential Tremor diagnosis. I'm glad Grem is doing well. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Suzanne & Darcy

I am sorry that you have another thing to deal with in addition to the CFS! But I'm glad to know you and Gremlin are still hanging in there! We here on the FDMB care about you -- even though you we may be miles and miles apart.

Very sadly for me, I lost Darcy on June 26. It has been so heartbreaking. I spent about the first week in a fog and quite numb/in shock. I really think I am or have been depressed, but I am managing okay. This week, some real sadness is settling in and I'm feeling it even more, I think. I am crying as I type this.

We are getting away next week and I hope to be able to enjoy our mini vacation... although we will be at the cabin where last time we were there we had Darcy with us. He had a wonderful time last November there. But it will remind me of him. Hopefully, I will look around and smile remembering the things he did and where he liked to sit, etc. Maybe it will help me to process this a little more. Thank you for asking.

8. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Suzanne, I am so, so very sorry :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: I am heartbroken for you.

I do hope you can enjoy your mini vacation and are able to grieve and process.

Fly free beautiful Darcy! cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  9. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Update on my friends dog, Dudley. Last night (it's morning here now) he was rushed to the vet as he had gone drastically downhill. He wasn't due to start insulin until Monday so I'm not sure exactly what has happened. I'm going to give my friend a call but I pray Dudley is okay. He's a beautiful dog and means the absolute world to my friend.

10. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Dudley is in ketosis. He's been at the vet for around 24 hours and they're trying to regulate him. They put on a Freestyle Libre which is fantastic! And of course, are medicating him. Poor old boy. Praying he improves today!!

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh poor Dudley!

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayesr for Dudley.

13. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Update: Dudley stabilised and has been doing well ever since. Yay!

14. Suzanne & Darcy

Very glad to hear this! I hope you and Grem are doing well, too!

15. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Hi Suzanne, I am tired but good and Grem is good too. He's a cuddles. I hope you're well!